Robert Lambert all geared up for King’s Lynn Stars’ season opener
- Credit: Archant
Stars skipper Robert Lambert has got plenty of laps under his belt ahead of Monday night's trip to Belle Vue (7.30pm).
Norfolk boy Lambert, who was handed the captaincy by boss Dale Allitt on the eve of the season, hasn't had track time in the UK, but has been put through his paces in Poland.
It means he's ready for a big week for the Tru Plant Stars, who finally get their season going on Monday – with their opening home meeting on Wednesday against Wolverhampton.
Lambert said: 'I've been doing laps in Poland and it's all gone really well for me so I'm pleased.
'It's kept me on the bike and I'm ready for the new season now, I'm feeling good and the bikes have been good.'
You may also want to watch:
Belle Vue have been hit by early-season injuries to Stevie Worrall (leg) and Damian Drozdz (shoulder) and both miss tonight's meeting.
Paul Starke has been snapped up as cover for Drozdz and the rider replacement facility will cover for Worrall.
- 1 Builder took pink pill and ran naked around hotel
- 2 Fire tears through historic Thorpe pub
- 3 Four national high street names to move into former M&S store
- 4 Mass coronavirus vaccination centre opens in Norwich today
- 5 Stunning images capture Cromer in the snow
- 6 Store open despite positive Covid test at town centre Sainsbury's
- 7 Vaccines roll-out to move on to over 70s
- 8 Delays as 23m-long caravan travels through Norfolk
- 9 Norfolk to get rapid Covid test sites - to find people without symptoms
- 10 Vandals leave £80,000 trail of destruction in car park
Stars welcome back Niels-Kristian Iversen after a year away from British racing and hand debuts to Ty Proctor and Kasper Andersen.
'I can't wait to get started with King's Lynn, we've had a really good build-up to the new season and now all we need is to get some meetings under our belt,' said Proctor.
'Everyone has been great at King's Lynn and hopefully we can get some good results early on.'
Belle Vue: Craig Cook, Steve Worrall R/R, Paul Starke, Rohan Tungate, Max Fricke, Jye Etheridge, Dan Bewley.
King's Lynn: Niels-Kristian Iversen, Lewis Rose, Ty Proctor, Thomas Jorgensen, Robert Lambert, Kasper Andersen, Lewis Kerr.