Robert Lambert all geared up for King’s Lynn Stars’ season opener
- Credit: Archant
Stars skipper Robert Lambert has got plenty of laps under his belt ahead of Monday night's trip to Belle Vue (7.30pm).
Norfolk boy Lambert, who was handed the captaincy by boss Dale Allitt on the eve of the season, hasn't had track time in the UK, but has been put through his paces in Poland.
It means he's ready for a big week for the Tru Plant Stars, who finally get their season going on Monday – with their opening home meeting on Wednesday against Wolverhampton.
Lambert said: 'I've been doing laps in Poland and it's all gone really well for me so I'm pleased.
'It's kept me on the bike and I'm ready for the new season now, I'm feeling good and the bikes have been good.'
You may also want to watch:
Belle Vue have been hit by early-season injuries to Stevie Worrall (leg) and Damian Drozdz (shoulder) and both miss tonight's meeting.
Paul Starke has been snapped up as cover for Drozdz and the rider replacement facility will cover for Worrall.
- 1 Fire crews battling large house blaze
- 2 £6.1m shopping street revamp will take half of 2022 to complete
- 3 Seven cosy pubs to visit in Norfolk this winter
- 4 Roof collapses into home after major blaze engulfs it
- 5 Jailed this week: Primark brawl, attempted murder and abuse
- 6 Three cars crash and two end up in ditches on rural road
- 7 Ford and Jaguar crash in second incident near village in same night
- 8 Councils could spend millions to buy former Aviva office for new HQ
- 9 BBC Autumnwatch returns to Norfolk for another season
- 10 Family forced to live in tent after maggots and rats found in home
Stars welcome back Niels-Kristian Iversen after a year away from British racing and hand debuts to Ty Proctor and Kasper Andersen.
'I can't wait to get started with King's Lynn, we've had a really good build-up to the new season and now all we need is to get some meetings under our belt,' said Proctor.
'Everyone has been great at King's Lynn and hopefully we can get some good results early on.'
Belle Vue: Craig Cook, Steve Worrall R/R, Paul Starke, Rohan Tungate, Max Fricke, Jye Etheridge, Dan Bewley.
King's Lynn: Niels-Kristian Iversen, Lewis Rose, Ty Proctor, Thomas Jorgensen, Robert Lambert, Kasper Andersen, Lewis Kerr.