POSTPONED: King’s Lynn Stars v Wolverhampton is off because of wet weather conditions
- Credit: Ian Burt
King's Lynn have reluctantly postponed Wednesday night's Premiership meeting with Wolverhampton.
The decision has been taken in the best interests of riders and spectators with heavy rain over a sustained period of time making conditions impossible.
Stars promoter Keith Chapman said: 'I don't like making a decision like this but I'm afraid there is no alternative.
'It wouldn't be fair on the riders and spectators to make an attempt to put a meeting on with the way the Adrian Flux Arena and the surroundings areas are right now.
'Not only is the track unfit, but our car parks are waterlogged and this is unsuitable for a public event.
You may also want to watch:
'We want fans to come along and enjoy the experience of watching speedway and cheering on their team. We just need the rain to stop and get some drying weather.'
King's Lynn will make a further attempt to launch the new season at the Adrian Flux Arena on Wednesday April 18 against Belle Vue.
- 1 Builder took pink pill and ran naked around hotel
- 2 Fire tears through historic Thorpe pub
- 3 Four national high street names to move into former M&S store
- 4 Mass coronavirus vaccination centre opens in Norwich today
- 5 Stunning images capture Cromer in the snow
- 6 Store open despite positive Covid test at town centre Sainsbury's
- 7 Vaccines roll-out to move on to over 70s
- 8 Delays as 23m-long caravan travels through Norfolk
- 9 Norfolk to get rapid Covid test sites - to find people without symptoms
- 10 Vandals leave £80,000 trail of destruction in car park