POSTPONED: King’s Lynn Stars v Wolverhampton is off because of wet weather conditions
- Credit: Ian Burt
King's Lynn have reluctantly postponed Wednesday night's Premiership meeting with Wolverhampton.
The decision has been taken in the best interests of riders and spectators with heavy rain over a sustained period of time making conditions impossible.
Stars promoter Keith Chapman said: 'I don't like making a decision like this but I'm afraid there is no alternative.
'It wouldn't be fair on the riders and spectators to make an attempt to put a meeting on with the way the Adrian Flux Arena and the surroundings areas are right now.
'Not only is the track unfit, but our car parks are waterlogged and this is unsuitable for a public event.
You may also want to watch:
'We want fans to come along and enjoy the experience of watching speedway and cheering on their team. We just need the rain to stop and get some drying weather.'
King's Lynn will make a further attempt to launch the new season at the Adrian Flux Arena on Wednesday April 18 against Belle Vue.
- 1 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 2 WATCH: Cars float on high tide in north Norfolk
- 3 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 4 Teacher who supported hundreds of children through education dies aged 67
- 5 "I thought I had freshers flu, but Drs said I could have died within a week"
- 6 Farm shop owners 'absolutely thrilled' at national award
- 7 RAF Marham Royal Navy sailor jailed for raping colleague while she slept
- 8 'Neighbours ran outside screaming' during street fight in Golden Triangle
- 9 'People are dying': Up to 500 patients waited for ambulance in one night
- 10 Sisters-in-law glowing after opening high street tanning salon