POSTPONED: King’s Lynn Stars v Wolverhampton is off because of wet weather conditions
- Credit: Ian Burt
King's Lynn have reluctantly postponed Wednesday night's Premiership meeting with Wolverhampton.
The decision has been taken in the best interests of riders and spectators with heavy rain over a sustained period of time making conditions impossible.
Stars promoter Keith Chapman said: 'I don't like making a decision like this but I'm afraid there is no alternative.
'It wouldn't be fair on the riders and spectators to make an attempt to put a meeting on with the way the Adrian Flux Arena and the surroundings areas are right now.
'Not only is the track unfit, but our car parks are waterlogged and this is unsuitable for a public event.
You may also want to watch:
'We want fans to come along and enjoy the experience of watching speedway and cheering on their team. We just need the rain to stop and get some drying weather.'
King's Lynn will make a further attempt to launch the new season at the Adrian Flux Arena on Wednesday April 18 against Belle Vue.
- 1 Jailed in Norfolk this week: a corrupt police officer and a domestic abuser
- 2 All the major Christmas events in Norfolk that can go ahead
- 3 Delay warnings ahead of abnormal load move
- 4 Road remains closed after serious crash on A143
- 5 Prime minister promises "February sunset" for coronavirus tiers
- 6 'There was a massive bang' - Fire outside Norwich coffee shop
- 7 Norwich water supply hit for second day running
- 8 Man in 70s dies in A143 crash
- 9 Drunk man arrested after driving into water-filled dike
- 10 Norfolk sees significant falls in Covid cases, figures show