Weather intervenes again as King’s Lynn Stars’ trip to Belle Vue is called off
- Credit: Ian Burt
King's Lynn Stars have been hit by another postponement as they bid to get the new season on track.
The latest casualty is Monday night's scheduled Premiership trip to Belle Vue.
A statement on the Manchester club's website said: 'Tonight's Premiership fixture between Belle Vue and King's Lynn has been postponed due to an inclement weather forecast.
'Whilst Manchester is currently enjoying fine weather, this evening's forecast is for rain and once it arrives it will remain.
'As a result, we have taken the decision to postpone tonight's meeting to avoid King's Lynn long travel and avoid a wasted journey for our fans.'
You may also want to watch:
The Stars have already seen fixtures against Leicester postponed because of the wet conditions so will be hoping for some good fortune in time for the scheduled home meeting against Wolverhampton on Wednesday (7.45pm start). Their next meeting after that is a week later, at home to Belle Vue.
- 1 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 2 Norfolk RSPCA store appears on Rip Off Britain
- 3 Nicole Kidman donates £10k to Norfolk dad's charity walk
- 4 'You want to be un-vaccinated? Go to Lowestoft' - rock legend's jab at town
- 5 Sisters-in-law glowing after opening high street tanning salon
- 6 RAF Marham Royal Navy sailor jailed for raping colleague while she slept
- 7 Revealed: The cheapest towns in Norfolk to buy a home
- 8 WATCH: Cars float on high tide in north Norfolk
- 9 Chantry Place 'close to finalising deals' with four major brands
- 10 "I thought I had freshers flu, but Drs said I could have died within a week"