Weather intervenes again as King’s Lynn Stars’ trip to Belle Vue is called off
- Credit: Ian Burt
King's Lynn Stars have been hit by another postponement as they bid to get the new season on track.
The latest casualty is Monday night's scheduled Premiership trip to Belle Vue.
A statement on the Manchester club's website said: 'Tonight's Premiership fixture between Belle Vue and King's Lynn has been postponed due to an inclement weather forecast.
'Whilst Manchester is currently enjoying fine weather, this evening's forecast is for rain and once it arrives it will remain.
'As a result, we have taken the decision to postpone tonight's meeting to avoid King's Lynn long travel and avoid a wasted journey for our fans.'
You may also want to watch:
The Stars have already seen fixtures against Leicester postponed because of the wet conditions so will be hoping for some good fortune in time for the scheduled home meeting against Wolverhampton on Wednesday (7.45pm start). Their next meeting after that is a week later, at home to Belle Vue.
- 1 Jailed in Norfolk this week: a corrupt police officer and a domestic abuser
- 2 'Rare' Norfolk vicarage goes up for sale for £1.1m
- 3 'There was a massive bang' - Fire outside Norwich coffee shop
- 4 Man in 70s dies in A143 crash
- 5 Drunk man arrested after driving into water-filled dike
- 6 Norfolk sees significant falls in Covid cases, figures show
- 7 Search for woman, 64, missing from residential home
- 8 Six schools in Norwich area closed or partly shut due to Covid-19 cases
- 9 Seafront flats plan set for go ahead
- 10 Man in 70s who died in crash identified after public help