Weather intervenes again as King’s Lynn Stars’ trip to Belle Vue is called off
- Credit: Ian Burt
King's Lynn Stars have been hit by another postponement as they bid to get the new season on track.
The latest casualty is Monday night's scheduled Premiership trip to Belle Vue.
A statement on the Manchester club's website said: 'Tonight's Premiership fixture between Belle Vue and King's Lynn has been postponed due to an inclement weather forecast.
'Whilst Manchester is currently enjoying fine weather, this evening's forecast is for rain and once it arrives it will remain.
'As a result, we have taken the decision to postpone tonight's meeting to avoid King's Lynn long travel and avoid a wasted journey for our fans.'
You may also want to watch:
The Stars have already seen fixtures against Leicester postponed because of the wet conditions so will be hoping for some good fortune in time for the scheduled home meeting against Wolverhampton on Wednesday (7.45pm start). Their next meeting after that is a week later, at home to Belle Vue.
- 1 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 2 Norfolk wakes up to snow with more expected to fall
- 3 'Anti-social rider' has quadbike seized in the snow
- 4 Drivers face non-essential travel fines after spate of snow crashes
- 5 Stunning images capture Cromer in the snow
- 6 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 7 Government must step in to help 'desperate' Norwich hospital, says MP
- 8 Are you in our Norfolk school photos from the 1970s?
- 9 Jailed in Norfolk: Burglars, domestic abuse and threats to kill
- 10 Man in 20s dies and three hurt as Audi crashes into wall