Lewis Rose back in fold as Stars also bag Aussie Proctor
- Credit: Ian Burt
King's Lynn Stars have moved closer to completing their Premiership side for 2018 after adding Lewis Rose and new signing Ty Proctor to their line-up.
Rose is no stranger to Lynn's Adrian Flux Arena, having spent four of his five seasons in Stars colours and starting his racing career in west Norfolk in the Young stars side.
The 28-year-old was one of King's Lynn's most impressive performers during the first half of 2017 until a shoulder injury curtailed his campaign.
Aussie Proctor has been in discussion with King's Lynn for some time – he was previously associated with Wolverhampton, and returned to the UK last season, in the Championship with Workington.
Robert Lambert, Thomas Jorgensen and Lewis Kerr are already confirmed starters for the new season and Stars co-promoter Dale Allitt believes the additions of Rose and Proctor gives the Stars extra strength to move forward.
You may also want to watch:
'I think they're two more solid signings who are going to guarantee the fans effort and entertainment,' Allitt said.
'Firstly it's great to have Lewis back to his home track this year and one he knows so well.
- 1 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 2 Roadside restaurant aiming to re-open before Christmas
- 3 Met Office issues warning for thunderstorms in Norfolk
- 4 Five former MoD homes go up for sale near Norwich
- 5 Seal charity to take 'unprecendented' action to protect Norfolk seal colony
- 6 Two people arrested during police operation in south Norfolk
- 7 Furious Scout group demands apology from council in unpaid rents saga
- 8 Norwich man convicted of murder boasts of mutilating 'up to 30' cats
- 9 'A lovely talented man': Tributes to Cromer Pier Show headliner Phil Butler
- 10 MP and parents concerned over traffic and parking chaos outside school
'He was great from the start last season – he really did have some terrific performances for the Stars before his injury cut his year short.
'He's now fully fit, and he's raring to go and can't wait to give 100pc to the team and fans.
'I think 2018 is going to be a big year for Lewis and I believe we'll see some significant steps in the right direction in terms of further progression once again.
'Ty is a new face at the Adrian Flux Arena yet, ironically, he's someone we've tried to sign on a number of occasions before.
'For one reason or another it hasn't ever happened until now and we're excited to see what he can bring.
'He's done a few meetings at the Adrian Flux Arena before, mainly back in our Premier League days, and it's somewhere he's always performed really well at and he can't wait to come back and have King's Lynn as his home track.
'Ty has shown previously with Wolverhampton what he is capable of, but he comes to us with even more experience under his belt and one thing we know we'll get from him is 100pc effort and entertainment.
'Also, his previous experience and knowledge of all the other tracks will come into play I'm sure, and he'll be a solid member of the team.
'We're really happy with how the team is coming together and that just leaves two more team members to announce.'
The Stars are set to unveil the final two team members at their Fans' Forum to be held at the stadium on Thursday, January 25.