Lambert agrees new deal with the Stars
- Credit: Ian Burt
Robert Lambert has ended months of speculation by agreeing to ride for King's Lynn Stars in the new season.
'I'm pleased to have everything finalised and I'm looking forward to the new season with King's Lynn,' said the 19-year-old from Foulsham.
Lambert – last year's British under-21 and European under-19 champion – will be racing for the fifth consecutive season at Lynn, where he will be joined by another popular local rider, Lewis Kerr.
'These two are not only hugely talented speedway riders, but they're also very popular characters at King's Lynn who will be great for team spirit,' said co-promoter Dale Allitt.
'There has been some speculation as to where Robert would be riding in 2018, but after a number of business-like discussions we are pleased to have Robert as part of our team.
You may also want to watch:
'On a personal level he's one rider I've worked with ever since he started his British career and it's been an absolute pleasure to watch him grow into the extraordinary talent he is today.
'He's a real fans' favourite, he continues to improve on the track and I am sure that this will prove to be the case again in 2018.
- 1 Man and woman found dead in home
- 2 Man, 41, charged with Pat Holland's murder as human remains found
- 3 Hardware store owners retiring after more than 60 years
- 4 Norfolk seaside holiday park battles Shell over solar panel plans
- 5 Neighbours' horror after two people found dead in 'peaceful close'
- 6 Reward of £20,000 offered after theft of performance car worth £150,000
- 7 When are GCSE and A-level results out and how fair will grades be?
- 8 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after woman dies in village
- 9 Norfolk RSPCA cattery full as owners give up lockdown pets
- 10 'Absolutely wonderful' - Organiser's delight at Old Buckenham Airshow success
'We also have great belief in Lewis and it's great to have him back. Lewis has made an incredible comeback from his horrible accident in 2015 and we believe that Lewis is back to his winning form again.
'He's another product of our Young Stars academy and I think it's fair to say he has been greatly missed while he's been away. Lewis reminded us exactly of what he is capable of, and of his liking for the Adrian Flux Arena, when he scored double figures for Somerset in front of the TV cameras towards the back end of last season.
'He lives literally just down the road from the track, so he too is a local favourite, and his starting position within the team could be significant for us.
'With Robert and Lewis alongside Thomas Jorgensen (already announced), it's a very positive start to team-building and as well as having a strong determination for victory and success, those three riders also love to put on a show which is great for everyone involved.'
Kerr added: 'It's great to be heading back to King's Lynn and I'm sure we are in for an exciting season.'