King’s Lynn Stars’ Robert Lambert determined to be fit for Wolves trip after being crowned European Under-19 champion
- Credit: Ian Burt
King's Lynn Stars head to Wolverhampton this evening looking for their first victory in six meetings.
Stars skipper Robert Lambert will at least head to the Ladbrokes Stadium in good heart after being crowned the new European Under-19 Champion following a sensational performance in the Czech Republic.
He recorded a maximum in his programmed heats before a classy ride saw him beat talented youngsters Filip Hjelmland and Bartosz Smektala in the Final.
He again raced through the pain barrier but is hopeful of being fit for the Stars visit to Wolverhampton in the Premiership.
Said Lambert: 'The track was really bumpy and I twisted my leg twice while riding.
You may also want to watch:
'I'm back in a lot of pain with that - my leg has never hurt like – while racing.
'However, I am really happy about winning the title and thank you to all for the support and congratulations.'
- 1 Two men in critical condition as multiple people stabbed
- 2 Fire crews rush to a crash near Norfolk village
- 3 Mum's heartfelt tribute to daughter who died in A47 collision
- 4 Police swoop on Norwich address
- 5 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 6 Asda and Amazon urgently recall items due to safety concerns
- 7 Secluded Broads farmhouse in almost 11 acres goes up for sale
- 8 Norwich cat torturer who murdered pensioner ‘planned to carry on killing’
- 9 Plans for seven new supermarkets in Norfolk - but where will they be?
- 10 BMW overturns in ditch after coming off A146