King’s Lynn Stars rider Howe shakes off illness to win Star of Anglia
King's Lynn Stars rider David Howe put in a sensational display despite feeling under the weather to win the Star of Anglia at Ipswich last night.
The 30-year-old - who will double up for Lynn along with captaining Premier League Scunthorpe this campaign - dropped just one point on his way to picking up the trophy.
Howe was only beaten on the night by home rider Kevin Doolan as he won four out of his five rides to beat new Witches signing Leigh Lanham to the title.
Before the meeting in Suffolk, Howe said on Twitter: 'On route to Ipswich, few more laps under my belt before real stuff starts but when am I going to feel well again?'
After racing to first place Howe admitted on the social networking site that his display had 'settled the nerves a bit' and that it was 'nice to finally have a good one at Ipswich'.
Peterborough Panthers' Jesper B Monberg finished third while his team-mate, and ex-Stars' racer Olly Allen, finished fourth.
Three of Howe's current King's Lynn team-mates also competed in the event with Dakota North finishing 10th, Kevin Wolbert 11th and Filip Sitera 12th.
- 1 Norfolk zoo keeper abandoned as a baby reunited with mother in ITV show
- 2 Breakup and burglary! Couple's chaos after £101m win on Euromillions
- 3 Lane of A47 remains shut after serious crash yesterday afternoon
- 4 Man seriously injured in A47 crash after police pursuit
- 5 Two Norfolk seaside hotels named among the best in Britain
- 6 Queen's Platinum Jubilee flypast rehearses over Norfolk
- 7 Boat users given fines over £16k for breaking rules on Norfolk Broads
- 8 Norfolk couple: 'We’ve lost £30k in cryptocurrency scam'
- 9 Hero boxer rescues man who plunged into river to save dog
- 10 Café completely sells out on first week of launching Sunday roasts
1) David Howe, 14; 2) Leigh Lanham, 12; 3) Jesper B Monberg, 11; 4) Olly Allen, 10; 5) Kevin Doolan, 9; 6) Mark Lemon, 9; 7) Henning Bager, 8; 8) Mat Tresarrieu, 8; 9) Ryan Fisher, 8; 10) Dakota North, 8; 11) Kevin Wolbert, 6; 12) Filip Sitera, 5; 13) Rohan Tungate, 4; 14) Cameron Heeps, 4; 15) Ritchie Hawkins, 2 and 16) David Bellego, 1