King’s Lynn Stars replace injured Smith with Frampton ahead of Elite League season
King's Lynn Stars have replaced injured Kozza Smith with Jordan Frampton as the build up to the 2012 Elite League campaign continues.
Lynn have signed Frampton just four weeks prior to the start of the season with Smith - who suffered a broken leg during the opening round of the Australian national championships last month - still expected to be sidelined for up to another five months.
British rider Frampton, 26, will double up alongside David Howe with a converted average of 4.63.
Team boss Rob Lyon said: 'Jordan is a very determined rider who is quick and isn't afraid to mix it.
That is the sort of rider you need to be in the Elite League and I am sure he will provide a good back up to David when called upon.'
You may also want to watch:
Frampton rides full time in the Premier League with Rye House and has previously ridden for both Swindon Robins and Coventry Bees in the Elite League.
- 1 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 2 Former hunting lodge for sale for £1.695m with huge lake
- 3 Never mind the limo - aspiring farmer rides tractor to prom night
- 4 Park issues warning over bacteria which is toxic to dogs
- 5 Incredible aerial photos show scale of Latitude Festival
- 6 Queues in Norwich as hundreds flock to cider and sausage festival
- 7 'Too close to home': Neighbours' shock as body found at Mousehold Heath
- 8 City confirm midfielder exit
- 9 Truck stopped for 'unsecure load' during road check
- 10 Which? warning to avoid sun cream brand for children