King’s Lynn Stars postpone press and practice due to coronavirus
- Credit: Archant
King’s Lynn Stars have postponed Monday’s press and practice session at the Adrian Flux Arena.
The Stars have reluctantly made the decision due to ongoing uncertainty over rider availability and concerns over the coronavirus.
A statement said: 'The decision has not been taken lightly but the safety of fans, sponsors and riders are our main priority.
We hope to have more detailed information regarding the start of the 2020 season after a meeting of promoters on Tuesday and we will provide an update as soon as possible.'
The Stars will be skippered by Lewis Kerr for the forthcoming season after the Dersingham-based rider signed a two-year deal with the Norfolk side.
You may also want to watch:
Kerr has taken over from British champion Robert Lambert, who was happy to hand over the armband and focus on keeping the number one spit within the team.
- 1 A47 closed in both directions after crash
- 2 Part of seventh skeleton discovered in city street
- 3 Covid rips through care homes again with deaths almost doubling in a week
- 4 Woman in her 20s among 31 Covid patients to die in five days at hospital
- 5 Hotel 'nobody wants to buy' for sale as housing for £365,000
- 6 Armed police detain man after 18 hours of negotiations
- 7 'I am heartbroken' - Woman's two cats killed by 'reckless' drivers
- 8 Road through village closed by floodwater
- 9 13 cars targeted in tyre-slashing spree
- 10 Coronavirus outbreak at construction company working on County Hall