King’s Lynn Stars postpone press and practice due to coronavirus
- Credit: Archant
King’s Lynn Stars have postponed Monday’s press and practice session at the Adrian Flux Arena.
The Stars have reluctantly made the decision due to ongoing uncertainty over rider availability and concerns over the coronavirus.
A statement said: 'The decision has not been taken lightly but the safety of fans, sponsors and riders are our main priority.
We hope to have more detailed information regarding the start of the 2020 season after a meeting of promoters on Tuesday and we will provide an update as soon as possible.'
The Stars will be skippered by Lewis Kerr for the forthcoming season after the Dersingham-based rider signed a two-year deal with the Norfolk side.
You may also want to watch:
Kerr has taken over from British champion Robert Lambert, who was happy to hand over the armband and focus on keeping the number one spit within the team.
- 1 Couple turn grain store into 'James Bond' home
- 2 Council to force landowners to sell so £1.3m roundabout can be built
- 3 Cannabis factory uncovered in former bar in Norwich's clubland
- 4 Man found dead in Norwich hotel
- 5 'Loving and devoted' - Family pay tribute to mother-of-five found in park
- 6 Police swoop after £400k cocaine parcel delivered to Norwich house
- 7 'A nightmare' - Roadworks cause traffic chaos in North Walsham
- 8 Electric scooter riders arrested for drink-driving
- 9 Tiny baby saved by 120-mile flight in 'wrong' helicopter
- 10 Driver may have fallen asleep before fatal crash, inquest hears