King’s Lynn Stars praised by Poole chief Matt Ford ahead of trip to face his Pirates
- Credit: IAN BURT
Owner Matt Ford admits the best of British speedway will be on show in Dorset tonight.
The Poole Pirates supremo has turned the south coast outfit into the Elite League's most dominant force in recent years. However, the reigning champions sit third, a mammoth 17 points behind the table-topping King's Lynn Stars, who they host this evening.
The Poole chief told his team's website: 'They (Lynn) are the envy of the league with the way their team has been built. A very solid one to five but by far they have the best combination at reserve and for me that makes them the team to beat this year.'
A last-heat 5-1 victory saw the Stars edge Poole 46-44 during their early-term visit to Wimborne Road.
Poole (order tbc): Josh Grajczonek, Maciej Janowski, Vaclav Milik, Przemyslaw Pawlicki, Darcy Ward, Brendan Johnson, Kyle Newman.
You may also want to watch:
Lynn: 1 Niels-Kristian Iversen, 2 Nicklas Porsing, 3 Rory Schlein, 4 Robert Lambert, 5 Kenneth Bjerre, 6 Lewis Kerr, 7 Lewis Rose.
Niels-Kristian Iversen's weekly column, usually published on a Wednesday, will be in Friday's eight-page Speedway World Cup preview.
- 1 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 2 Former hunting lodge for sale for £1.695m with huge lake
- 3 Never mind the limo - aspiring farmer rides tractor to prom night
- 4 Town's long wait for new £37m bypass nearly over as funding agreed
- 5 'Too close to home': Neighbours' shock as body found at Mousehold Heath
- 6 Park issues warning over bacteria which is toxic to dogs
- 7 Queues in Norwich as hundreds flock to cider and sausage festival
- 8 Which? warning to avoid sun cream brand for children
- 9 'The vibe is good' - Return to normality on first day of Latitude Festival
- 10 City confirm midfielder exit