King’s Lynn duo set to start for Great Britain at Speedway of Nations final
- Credit: Archant
King's Lynn duo Robert Lambert and Craig Cook are heading to Russia for another massive weekend of racing.
They are representing Great Britain in the Monster Energy FIM Speedway of Nations Final stages with the World Pairs Champions to be crowned on Sunday.
And Poultec Stars have a third rider making the trip with Erik Riss travelling to race for Germany.
Club owner Keith Chapman says it's a proud moment for the club to have so many riders in a World Final.
"I'd like to wish all three boys the very best," he said. "But I think Erik will forgive me when I say I would like the British boys to do well.
You may also want to watch:
"Craig and Chris Harris are named pair for GB with Robert the Under-21 rider like he was last year and he is guaranteed to be out on track at some stage under the tournament format.
"I'm hoping all three guys can have a positive two days, obviously it will be tough against the host nation Russia as reigning champions, plus I expect the Poles and Australia to be powerful.
- 1 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 2 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu
- 3 Body of man in 20s found at nature reserve near Norwich
- 4 Plot of gold? Land up for sale for £750,000
- 5 Sneak peek inside first £2.7m luxury mansion for sale
- 6 Shocked couple told statue used as doorstop could be worth £1m
- 7 Neighbours' shock as man's body found in flat weeks after he died
- 8 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 9 Fly-tippers dumped dead relative's rubbish – just half a mile from recycling centre
- 10 Norfolk couple's hopes of £1m 'doorstop' sculpture dashed
"But as King's Lynn promoter and chairman of the British Speedway Promoters' Association I would like to wish the Great Britain team all the very best."
King's Lynn are back in action at the Adrian Flux Arena next Thursday, July 25, against local rivals Peterborough in a key meeting which they have to win to bolster their play-off hopes.
The Monster Energy FIM Speedway of Nations is live on BT Sport at 4pm on both Saturday and Sunday.