King’s Lynn Stars offers free admission to disappointed fans after Swindon Robins debacle
King's Lynn Stars officials have moved to compensate spectators after the farcical postponed meeting against the Swindon Robins.
With only four races completed because of a downpour, Wednesday's home clash was called to a halt at 9.48pm.
In a statement, the Stars said: 'The club have taken immediate action and everyone who attended with a re-admission ticket will be eligible to attend any speedway meeting at King's Lynn between now and the end of the season.
'If this is not convenient then we politely ask that supporters contact the office at the Adrian Flux Arena or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to ask for a refund.'
Owner Buster Chapman added: 'I did everything I possibly could to give the riders the conditions they wanted after what was a very heavy downpour. Sadly this was to no avail, but I can honestly say I did my very best to get this meeting on.'
You may also want to watch:
King's Lynn Young Stars were due to host Eastbourne Eagles tonight in the second leg of their National League Knockout Cup second round showdown – but that too has been postponed, with further downpours forecast for this afternoon and evening.
- 1 Old disused ice rink closed down for decade for sale
- 2 Festival cancelled over 'pingdemic' threat to staff
- 3 Roof cut off taxi to release people after A140 crash with lorry
- 4 Pub shuts for 10 days - a few days after reopening
- 5 Weather warning for thunderstorms across parts of Norfolk
- 6 Man in 40s dies from Covid at Norfolk hospital
- 7 'Hail the size of broad beans' - Thunderstorms hit parts of Norfolk
- 8 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in Norfolk
- 9 Winter Gardens: New images give first look at £16m transformation
- 10 7 places to avoid the crowds in Norfolk this summer