King’s Lynn Stars must build advantage in KO Cup clash with Wolverhampton
King's Lynn boss Dale Allitt wants his side to gain a healthy advantage in the home leg of their Knockout Cup tie against Wolverhampton at the Adrian Flux Arena on Wednesday night (7.30pm).
Since the Stars met the Wolves in the league, when they suffered a heavy 59-30 defeat at the start of May, the Norfolk men have won all four of their fixtures.
And despite Wolves being in good form themselves, having lost just one of their last nine meetings, Allitt is confident his side can pick up a win against the 2016 Elite League champions.
'We know Wolves are good, but so are we,' said Allitt. 'It should be a really good meeting and if our boys ride to their capabilities then we can look to take the kind of advantage down there at the end of the month that will see us progress.
'Every match is important to us, the competition doesn't matter, it is all about continuity and keeping the momentum going.
You may also want to watch:
'Recent results have given everyone confidence and you can feel that around the place and certainly in the pits.
'It helps you to build that bit of a fortress at home and a siege mentality which is what we're after.'
- 1 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 2 Atlantis Tower up for sale after owner signs ‘outrageous’ loan deal
- 3 Fired twice in two months: Events boss feels the pain of Covid
- 4 Norfolk bowls star tests positive at world indoor championships
- 5 Revealed: The areas where Covid cases are still increasing
- 6 Man admits defrauding more than £1.3m from Norfolk firm
- 7 Covid rates continue to fall across Norfolk, especially in Norwich
- 8 Man's neck broken after being hit by 800kg load which fell off forklift
- 9 A47 closed in both directions after crash
- 10 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
The Stars will be without reserve duo Kai Huckenbeck (Grand Prix qualifier) and Simon Lambert (broken wrist) for the meeting. Their places will be taken by former King's Lynn man Carl Wilkinson and former Young Star Jake Knight.
King's Lynn: Chris Holder, Lewis Rose, Nicklas Porsing, Troy Batchelor, Robert Lambert, Carl Wilkinson, Jake Knight
Wolverhampton: Freddie Lindgren, Kyle Howarth, Rory Schlein, Jacob Thorssell, Sam Masters, Mark Riss, Nathan Greaves.
Meanwhile, the Stars' Supporters Club have spaces for two away trips. The first one is the minibus trip to Belle Vue on Wednesday June 28, which has four places available. The minibus leaves at 2pm from the Hardwick Tesco car park. The cost is £16 for members and £19 for non-members. The second is the coach trip to the Speedway GP in Cardiff on Saturday July 22 – there are 18 seats left. The bus leaves the same venue at 7.30am and the cost is £28 for members and £33 for non-members.
Anyone interested should contact Theresa on 07766 768359.