King’s Lynn Stars must build advantage in KO Cup clash with Wolverhampton
King's Lynn boss Dale Allitt wants his side to gain a healthy advantage in the home leg of their Knockout Cup tie against Wolverhampton at the Adrian Flux Arena on Wednesday night (7.30pm).
Since the Stars met the Wolves in the league, when they suffered a heavy 59-30 defeat at the start of May, the Norfolk men have won all four of their fixtures.
And despite Wolves being in good form themselves, having lost just one of their last nine meetings, Allitt is confident his side can pick up a win against the 2016 Elite League champions.
'We know Wolves are good, but so are we,' said Allitt. 'It should be a really good meeting and if our boys ride to their capabilities then we can look to take the kind of advantage down there at the end of the month that will see us progress.
'Every match is important to us, the competition doesn't matter, it is all about continuity and keeping the momentum going.
'Recent results have given everyone confidence and you can feel that around the place and certainly in the pits.
'It helps you to build that bit of a fortress at home and a siege mentality which is what we're after.'
- 1 Pub transformed into 'breathtaking' family home for sale for almost £1m
- 2 Man accidentally downloaded indecent images of children, court hears
- 3 Delays expected with A47 to close in both directions for 15 miles
- 4 Man had cocaine hidden in car when stopped by police
- 5 Flood alert on the Broads due to high water levels
- 6 Chef reopens historic Norwich coffee shop with roasts on the menu too
- 7 Here are the new Covid travel rules which begin today
- 8 Family 'increasingly concerned' about missing Beccles woman
- 9 Distraught Norwich City fan 'lost £98k in football betting site collapse’
- 10 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns
The Stars will be without reserve duo Kai Huckenbeck (Grand Prix qualifier) and Simon Lambert (broken wrist) for the meeting. Their places will be taken by former King's Lynn man Carl Wilkinson and former Young Star Jake Knight.
King's Lynn: Chris Holder, Lewis Rose, Nicklas Porsing, Troy Batchelor, Robert Lambert, Carl Wilkinson, Jake Knight
Wolverhampton: Freddie Lindgren, Kyle Howarth, Rory Schlein, Jacob Thorssell, Sam Masters, Mark Riss, Nathan Greaves.
Meanwhile, the Stars' Supporters Club have spaces for two away trips. The first one is the minibus trip to Belle Vue on Wednesday June 28, which has four places available. The minibus leaves at 2pm from the Hardwick Tesco car park. The cost is £16 for members and £19 for non-members. The second is the coach trip to the Speedway GP in Cardiff on Saturday July 22 – there are 18 seats left. The bus leaves the same venue at 7.30am and the cost is £28 for members and £33 for non-members.
Anyone interested should contact Theresa on 07766 768359.