King’s Lynn Stars meeting postponed
- Credit: Ian Burt
King's Lynn Stars were hit by a double dose of Bank Holiday disappointment.
The Stars saw both their meetings – for the Young Stars and the senior outfit – fall foul of the wet weather conditions.
First to go was the scheduled National League match at Perry Barr between Birmingham and King's Lynn.
Then, just a few hours later and with the crowd already inside the Adrian Flux Arena, came the second postponement as the Premiership meeting against Rye House was postponed.
The Stars' home clash looked likely to escape: the team captains tossed the coin, with Rye House winning.
You may also want to watch:
The riders also took part in the usual parade lap, but by then the rain was falling – and getting worse and the start was delayed to 8pm, followed by what was then the inevitable call-off.
The Stars are due to travel to Rye House on Saturday, for a scheduled 7pm start.
- 1 Aviva to close two large office sites in Norwich
- 2 Part of seventh skeleton discovered in city street
- 3 Norwich sees biggest rise in Covid infection rates in the country
- 4 Councillor 'incandescent' over second-home owners breaking Covid rules
- 5 Hotel 'nobody wants to buy' for sale as housing for £365,000
- 6 Delivery van towed from deep water on road closed due to flood risk
- 7 Nurse's 'heartbreak' over hospital care as her father dies on Covid ward
- 8 Man who drove 128 miles for fish and chips among latest Covid fines
- 9 Fifteen flood alerts in place amid 'stay indoors' warning
- 10 Deputy lieutenant of Norfolk sells beloved thatched Broads home