King’s Lynn Stars meeting postponed
- Credit: Ian Burt
King's Lynn Stars were hit by a double dose of Bank Holiday disappointment.
The Stars saw both their meetings – for the Young Stars and the senior outfit – fall foul of the wet weather conditions.
First to go was the scheduled National League match at Perry Barr between Birmingham and King's Lynn.
Then, just a few hours later and with the crowd already inside the Adrian Flux Arena, came the second postponement as the Premiership meeting against Rye House was postponed.
The Stars' home clash looked likely to escape: the team captains tossed the coin, with Rye House winning.
You may also want to watch:
The riders also took part in the usual parade lap, but by then the rain was falling – and getting worse and the start was delayed to 8pm, followed by what was then the inevitable call-off.
The Stars are due to travel to Rye House on Saturday, for a scheduled 7pm start.
- 1 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 2 Met Office issues warning for thunderstorms in Norfolk
- 3 Two people arrested during police operation in south Norfolk
- 4 Roadside restaurant aiming to re-open before Christmas
- 5 Norfolk hit by flooding as storms reach the county
- 6 'A lovely talented man': Tributes to Cromer Pier Show headliner Phil Butler
- 7 Norwich man convicted of murder boasts of mutilating 'up to 30' cats
- 8 Five former MoD homes go up for sale near Norwich
- 9 Two men arrested on suspicion of money laundering in Thetford
- 10 Banham Poultry taken over by owner of Bernard Matthews and 2 Sisters