King’s Lynn Stars meeting at Wolverhampton postponed
- Credit: Ian Burt
King's Lynn Stars' SGB Premiership match at Wolverhampton has been postponed.
Forecasts of heavy rain through the evening saw organisers take the early decision to postpone the meeting, which has been rearranged for Monday, September 4. This will now be a double header for Wolverhampton, who will also be facing Swindon at Monmore on the same night.
The Stars are next in action on Wednesday night when Leicester are the visitors to the Adrian Flux Arena.
It is a meeting that will see Michael Palm Toft return with a retuned engine. The Dane could only muster two points in Friday's defeat at title-chasing Belle Vue but on the back of recently-serviced machinery, he hopes to weigh in with far more at a circuit he enjoys riding.
'It is an all-round engine that I am happy to ride so hopefully, things should be a lot better,' he said. 'I have been a bit frustrated and trying to get my bike going but we have good camaraderie in the camp and back each other up.'
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Village care home confirms coronavirus outbreak
- 2 Town clerk sacked following months of controversy
- 3 'Sounded like my roof was coming off': RAF jet sonic boom heard over city
- 4 Extent of Norwich Prison Covid outbreak revealed
- 5 New drive-thru McDonald's to create 65 jobs
- 6 Flood alerts across Norfolk ahead of expected rain
- 7 Couple sell pub with Nelson link after council stops dream project
- 8 Tributes to 'Winkle' - the legendary landlord who broke the mould
- 9 Derelict pub on eyesore site could be turned into new Co-op store
- 10 Norwich sonic boom: RAF confirms jet 'inadvertently' caused bang over city