King’s Lynn stars lose Nicklas Porsing for KO Cup clash with Wolverhampton
- Credit: Ian Burt
King's Lynn Stars have been rocked by an injury to popular racer Nicklas Porsing who misses tonight's Adrian Flux Arena clash with Wolverhampton.
Porsing crashed in Sweden on Tuesday night and sustained a leg injury – the club are awaiting further information on the extent of the damage.
The Stars are left with no alternative but to use the rider replacement facility against a powerhouse Wolves side in this Knockout Cup tie.
Boss Dale Allitt said: 'It's always difficult against Wolverhampton, but particularly difficult this week with Kai Huckenbeck away in a Grand Prix qualifier and now both Simon Lambert and Nicklas Porsing out injured.'
Wolverhampton, meanwhile, are at full strength including Freddie Lindgren, winner of the Polish Grand Prix last month and former Stars favourite Rory Schlein.
You may also want to watch:
The club are urging fans to turn out in force as the Stars look for a handy lead from this first leg tie.
King's Lynn: Chris Holder, Lewis Rose, Nicklas Porsing R/R, Troy Batchelor, Robert Lambert, Carl Wilkinson, Jake Knight.
- 1 Norfolk seaside holiday park battles Shell over solar panel plans
- 2 Man and woman found dead in home
- 3 Hardware store owners retiring after more than 60 years
- 4 Norfolk RSPCA cattery full as owners give up lockdown pets
- 5 Anti-vax protesters descend on Norwich pub demanding entry
- 6 Car catches fire after early morning crash
- 7 Neighbours sick of road turning into 'scene from Fast & Furious'
- 8 Man re-arrested over murder of missing 83-year-old Pat Holland
- 9 'Unauthorised' headstones ruin family's final wishes
- 10 Weather warning as more thunderstorms set to hit parts of the region
Wolverhampton: Freddie Lindgren, Kyle Howarth, Rory Schlein, Jacob Thorssell, Sam Masters, Mark Riss, Nathan Greaves.