King’s Lynn Stars look to end Wolverhampton Wolves’ unbeaten home Elite League start
- Credit: Ian Burt
King's Lynn Stars travel to fellow play-off contenders Wolverhampton tonight aiming to complete a quick Elite League double.
Rob Lyon's troops pulled off a 10-point win over Wolves at home on Wednesday, and the Stars' boss wants more of the same during the return at Monmore Green this evening.
He said: 'It was a tight meeting on Wednesday, really, but the boys pulled away mid-match and gave us a bit of a cushion. We need to continue that form tonight and try and pick something up at their place. It won't be easy as they are unbeaten at home this season, but a win is achievable.'
The main body of Lyon's side remains the same with Niels-Kristian Iversen, Kenneth Bjerre and captain Rory Schlein taking heat leader spaces ahead of Nicklas Porsing and Robert Lambert – who continues to impress for the Stars.
Former Wolves man Ashley Morris is set for a return to his old track and he will be determined to impress when he rides at number six. However, Lewis Kerr – who yesterday aggravated a hip injury while racing for Newcastle – misses out. His place in the line-up will be taken by guest Steve Worrall.
You may also want to watch:
The hosts have made two changes from their 50-40 defeat less than a week ago in Norfolk. Number one Freddie Lindgren is sidelined forcing Wolves to use Coventry's Chris Harris. Injured racer Tobiasz Musielak will be replaced by Harris' team-mate Danny King.
Wolves boss Peter Adams told his club's website: 'We haven't looked in any difficulties at home so far. Having lost a couple of away matches we need to get back on the winning trail and we're looking forward to doing that.
- 1 Risk of flooding in parts of region as storms slowly move in
- 2 Man taken to hospital after cardiac arrest at beach
- 3 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 4 Incredible aerial photos show scale of Latitude Festival
- 5 Trains cancelled due to flooding - and more heavy rain expected
- 6 Former hunting lodge for sale for £1.695m with huge lake
- 7 City ready for Cantwell and Aarons end game
- 8 Norwich Bus Station building closed due to Covid ping
- 9 Never mind the limo - aspiring farmer rides tractor to prom night
- 10 'Do your bit to slow spread' - plea as Covid hospital admissions remain low
'Robert Lambert's absolutely the star of the show (for Lynn right now). I've been talking to Tai (Woffinden, former rider) about what the position might be as far as team GB's concerned in five years' time and it seems Lambert will certainly be a major ingredient in that. He's a very precocious talent and I'm looking forward to watching him ride myself.'
Wolves: 1 Chris Harris (Guest), 2 Jacob Thorssell, 3 Danny King (G), 4 Ricky Wells, 5 Peter Karlsson, 6 Lewis Blackbird, 7 Josh Bates
Lynn: 1 Niels-Kristian Iversen, 2 Robert Lambert, 3 Rory Schlein, 4 Nicklas Porsing, 5 Kenneth Bjerre, 6 Ashley Morris, 7 Steve Worrall (G)