King’s Lynn Stars keeping fingers crossed on severity of Kenneth Bjerre’s injury
- Credit: Matthew Usher
King's Lynn Stars are hoping their latest Elite League win hasn't been ruined by a serious injury to heat leader Kenneth Bjerre.
The Norfolk Arena outfit picked up all three points to keep up the club's impressive 100pc home record last night by beating Leicester Lions 53-43. Yet, this morning team boss Rob Lyon will be more concerned about the severity of Bjerre's shoulder and collarbone pain that he was feeling after his fall which stopped heat 15.
Lyon said: 'It was a pretty nasty one. He landed on his shoulder and hurt his head so he was a little bit dazed. I think he may have damaged his shoulder in some way.
'Both riders (Bjerre and Jason Doyle) were committed going into the first corner and unfortunately he (Bjerre) had nowhere to go. And the bike spat him off. We hope Kenny will be ok and he'll come out of it unscathed.'
The Dane was grounded for around five minutes after the accident before being taken back to the pits area on the medical truck. The full extent of his injuries are likely to be known either later today or tomorrow.
You may also want to watch:
Lyon added: 'We weren't quite as sharp as we were last week in pretty much all departments and Leicester took advantage of that, and fair play to them. But at the end of the day we got a 10-point win, another three points, and that's all that matters.'
- To read a match report from last night's meeting, and see a gallery of Matthew Usher's pictures, click here.
- 1 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 2 Atlantis Tower up for sale after owner signs ‘outrageous’ loan deal
- 3 Fired twice in two months: Events boss feels the pain of Covid
- 4 Norfolk bowls star tests positive at world indoor championships
- 5 Revealed: The areas where Covid cases are still increasing
- 6 Man admits defrauding more than £1.3m from Norfolk firm
- 7 Covid rates continue to fall across Norfolk, especially in Norwich
- 8 Man's neck broken after being hit by 800kg load which fell off forklift
- 9 A47 closed in both directions after crash
- 10 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death