King’s Lynn Stars hoping to finish season with a flourish during home meeting against Poole Pirates
- Credit: Matthew Usher
King's Lynn Stars will look to end their home Elite League campaign on a high as they host reigning champions Poole at the Adrian Flux Arena this evening.
The Stars have endured a season to forget but will now go in search of victory over the play-off bound Pirates. They still have away meetings at Coventry and Leicester remaining - but co-promoter Buster Chapman is nonetheless looking to end their home programme in style.
Chapman said: 'It's been a difficult season for everyone, but it would be nice if we could end on a high at home with a win over Poole.'
The Stars will again be without number one Niels-Kristian Iversen due to the Swedish League play-offs, with British champion Danny King stepping in as a guest.
Former Lynn favourite Lewis Kerr also lines up in the number two spot, whilst Nicklas Porsing returns at reserve.
You may also want to watch:
Lynn: 1 Danny King, 2 Lewis Kerr, 3 Robert Lambert, 4 Kai Huckenbeck, 5 Troy Batchelor, 6 Nicklas Porsing, 7 Carl Wilkinson.
Poole: 1 Chris Holder, 2 Adam Ellis, 3 Rohan Tungate, 4 Brady Kurtz, 5 Krzysztof Buczkowski, 6 Bjarne Pedersen, 7 Kyle Newman.
- 1 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 2 Major rush hour delays expected as crash involving lorry closes part of A47
- 3 Flood warnings along Norfolk coast, with Wells flood gate in place
- 4 Family's tribute to 'gentle giant' killed in A134 crash
- 5 Crash blocks road off A47 at Honingham
- 6 Yarmouth man convicted of historic rape after DNA match
- 7 Former sixth form land could be divided up and sold
- 8 Tributes as Leanne, 29, dies after receiving cancer 'all-clear'
- 9 Norfolk receives overnight flood warnings
- 10 54-home plan delayed due to 'nightmare' traffic concerns