King’s Lynn Stars hoping to finish season with a flourish during home meeting against Poole Pirates
- Credit: Matthew Usher
King's Lynn Stars will look to end their home Elite League campaign on a high as they host reigning champions Poole at the Adrian Flux Arena this evening.
The Stars have endured a season to forget but will now go in search of victory over the play-off bound Pirates. They still have away meetings at Coventry and Leicester remaining - but co-promoter Buster Chapman is nonetheless looking to end their home programme in style.
Chapman said: 'It's been a difficult season for everyone, but it would be nice if we could end on a high at home with a win over Poole.'
The Stars will again be without number one Niels-Kristian Iversen due to the Swedish League play-offs, with British champion Danny King stepping in as a guest.
Former Lynn favourite Lewis Kerr also lines up in the number two spot, whilst Nicklas Porsing returns at reserve.
You may also want to watch:
Lynn: 1 Danny King, 2 Lewis Kerr, 3 Robert Lambert, 4 Kai Huckenbeck, 5 Troy Batchelor, 6 Nicklas Porsing, 7 Carl Wilkinson.
Poole: 1 Chris Holder, 2 Adam Ellis, 3 Rohan Tungate, 4 Brady Kurtz, 5 Krzysztof Buczkowski, 6 Bjarne Pedersen, 7 Kyle Newman.
- 1 Part of seventh skeleton discovered in city street
- 2 Nurse's 'heartbreak' over hospital care as her father dies on Covid ward
- 3 Aviva to close two large office sites in Norwich
- 4 Fifteen flood alerts in place amid 'stay indoors' warning
- 5 A47 closed in both directions after crash
- 6 Councillor 'incandescent' over second-home owners breaking Covid rules
- 7 Deputy lieutenant of Norfolk sells beloved thatched Broads home
- 8 Woman in her 20s among 31 Covid patients to die in five days at hospital
- 9 'I've lost my pension': Car collection destroyed by 'professional' vandal
- 10 Timeline: When should you receive the coronavirus vaccine?