King’s Lynn Stars hoping it’s third time lucky tonight as they try again at Poole Pirates
- Credit: Ian Burt
Rob Lyon is not holding his breath that King's Lynn will finally fulfil their Elite League play-off semi-final second leg this evening.
The Stars are scheduled to head to Poole Pirates for a third time after their first two attempts to ride the vital fixture were postponed. But with more wet weather forecast, Lynn's team boss admits he expects to be left frustrated once more.
Lyon, whose men will face Coventry if they reach their first final, said: 'In an ideal world we'll get the thing on today. But realistically, looking at the forecast, I can't see it happening. I would imagine the track is still in a bad way. It's rained more since it was last postponed and I wouldn't want to say they'll be able to get it on.'
Lynn – a point behind – saw their first try last Monday hit the buffers after a giant hole appeared on the track as staff tried to tend to a soaked oval. Thursday's restaging fell foul of torrential downpours. Tomorrow has been set aside for a fourth go if tonight's try fails.
Lynn have named the same guest replacements for Niels-Kristian Iversen and Lewis Kerr as they did on Thursday. Coventry duo Chris Harris and Jason Garrity will don the colours of one of the sides they could meet in the showcase.
You may also want to watch:
The hosts and defending champions have kept faith with Troy Batchelor and Eddie Kennett with Darcy Ward and Josh Grajczonek still unable to take part. Brendan Johnson has come in for the injured Benji Compton at reserve.
Pirates' promoter Matt Ford told his club's website: 'We have had an awful October and it seems the weather gods are throwing everything they can at us.
- 1 'Unauthorised' headstones ruin family's final wishes
- 2 New Lidl supermarket opens in Norwich
- 3 Neighbours sick of road turning into 'scene from Fast & Furious'
- 4 Hospital investigated over 'contentious' deaths goes bust owing £4m
- 5 Fresh weather warning with Storm Evert set to hit Norfolk
- 6 Man was found dead after lockdown hit business, inquest told
- 7 Anti-vax protesters descend on Norwich pub demanding entry
- 8 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 9 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 10 Norwich City transfer rumours: Loan possibility remains for Skipp
'We are now facing a very busy week with the second leg this week and then almost straight into the final for which ever side goes through.'
The first leg for the final – which has already been delayed – is scheduled to take place at Coventry on Friday.
Poole: 1 Troy Batchelor (Guest), 2 Eddie Kenneth (G), 3 Shamek Pawlicki, 4 Vaclav Milik, 5 Maciej Janowski, 6 Brendan Johnson (G), 7 Kyle Newman
Lynn: 1 Kenneth Bjerre, 2 Robert Lambert, 3 Chris Harris (G), 4 Nicklas Porsing, 5 Rory Schlein, 6 Jason Garrity (G), 7 Simon Lambert