King’s Lynn Stars fans have the chance to quiz world champion Jason Doyle
- Credit: Steve Feeney/Action Plus
Norwich-based World Speedway Champion Jason Doyle is to make a special guest appearance at King's Lynn's Adrian Flux Arena next month.
Aussie ace Doyle will link up with TV duo Kelvin Tatum – the former British Champion – and Nigel Pearson in the function room for a night with supporters on Friday, March 16.
Doyle won the title on a dramatic night in Melbourne last October just over a year after suffering life threatening injuries in a horror crash in Poland.
And he said: 'I'm delighted to be a guest for the night at King's Lynn.
'I was always keen to do another night after we did one at Somerset and because I live in Norfolk I was always keen to do one in this part of the world.
You may also want to watch:
'I like living in Norwich, my wife Emily and I are settled here and it works well for me. I go training here and it's a real good base for my racing programme.'
Tatum and Pearson have brought their stage show to Lynn on two previous occasions and sold out twice.
- 1 £6.1m shopping street revamp will take half of 2022 to complete
- 2 Family forced to live in tent after maggots and rats found in home
- 3 Councils could spend millions to buy former Aviva office for new HQ
- 4 Five former MoD homes go up for sale near Norwich
- 5 MP and parents concerned over traffic and parking chaos outside school
- 6 Christmas Lights Walk with toasted marshmallows coming to garden
- 7 Roof collapses into home after major blaze engulfs it
- 8 Seven cosy pubs to visit in Norfolk this winter
- 9 Man arrested on suspicion of stalking after notes left on women's cars
- 10 City keeper diagnosed with testicular cancer
Tickets for their night with Doyle are already in high demand and Tatum, who also won the World Long Track Championship three times in a glittering career, is backing Lynn for a good season.
'I like what they are doing at King's Lynn,' he said. 'They've got a very professional image now and the return of Niels Kristian-Iversen has given the place a real boost.
'The Premiership is shaping up nicely for the new season and if King's Lynn can stay unbeaten at the Adrian flux Arena then I would expect them to be in the mix for one of the play-off places.
'I'm thrilled to be going back there and to be alongside Jason is great, he's got some remarkable stories to tell and I can't wait for March 16.'
The Stars look in good shape for the new season with Robert Lambert being joined by Iversen, fellow Dane, newcomer Kasper Andersen, who rode for Esbjerg in his home country last season, Lewis Kerr, Thomas Jorgensen, Lewis Rose and Ty Proctor.
Tickets for the event with Doyle next month are on sale now – but half the capacity has already been sold in 48-hours.
If you want a piecce of the action then go on to sportstalkevents.co.uk at the booking office section.