King’s Lynn Stars desperate to get back into play-offs ahead of Leicester Lions clash
King's Lynn Stars take on Leicester Lions at the Adrian Flux Arena this evening in a must-win clash for Rob Lyon's men if they are to make the play-offs.
The Stars dropped out of the top five on Sunday after Belle Vue's success over the Lions and only maximum points would re-establish their play-off ambitions.
Manager Lyon has been given a boost with the news that Niels Kristian-Iversen is available for the meeting as the Swedish play-off meeting he was due to ride in has been moved.
Lyon has been forced into changes to his top five as the new September averages come into effect.
Kenneth Bjerre goes back to heat leader and Vaclav Milik was due to move to number four but will not ride for the Stars again this year after confirming he wants to take a break from riding in the UK. At reserve, Lyon has booked Carl Wilkinson to partner Ashley Morris and replace the injured Lewis Kerr.
You may also want to watch:
Lyon said: 'I had confirmation on Sunday night that Leicester could come to us on Tuesday, it's not an ideal situation, but with time running out we need to get the fixture completed.
'I hope many of our supporters can come and support the team in our crucial meeting at short notice. If we are to get in the play-offs we need to win, nothing less will do really.
- 1 Extent of Norwich Prison Covid outbreak revealed
- 2 Tributes to 'Winkle' - the legendary landlord who broke the mould
- 3 Village care home confirms coronavirus outbreak
- 4 'Sounded like my roof was coming off': RAF jet sonic boom heard over city
- 5 Town clerk sacked following months of controversy
- 6 New drive-thru McDonald's to create 65 jobs
- 7 Mansion for sale for £2.5million with helicopter pad
- 8 Flood alerts across Norfolk ahead of expected rain
- 9 Police concerned for welfare of missing 14-year-old girl
- 10 'My heart was racing' - Horse rider's shocking encounter with speeding van
'Our destiny is in our own hands and the boys know that. We need to come together as a team, club and unit to make sure we reach our goal of a top four finish.'
Gates will open at 6pm with the parade taking place at 7.30pm.
Admission prices are £17 for adults, £14 for concessions, £5 for juniors and free for children under-11.
King's Lynn Stars: 1 Niels-Kristian Iversen, 2 Nicklas Porsing, 3 Robert Lambert, 4 TBC, 5 Kenneth Bjerre, 6 Carl Wilkinson (G), 7 Ashley Morris.