King’s Lynn Stars chief wants to give fans something to cheer about against Rye House
- Credit: Ian Burt
Promoter Buster Chapman is hopeful King's Lynn fans will have something to cheer with the club's top six set to feature at Rye House on Tuesday night (7.30).
Robert Lambert and Tomas H Jonasson are set to return having missed the second meeting of last week's double header with Wolverhampton, while Michael Palm Toft is back from his Danish commitments.
The only current absentee is Nicklas Porsing (concussion) with regular stand-in Simon Lambert stepping into the breach at reserve.
Chapman insists Wednesday's events remain etched on his mind and with the Trucks R Us Stars now back at tapes, he is keen to see a fitting reward for the club's faithful following.
'I'd like to say thank you to our loyal supporters,' said Chapman.
You may also want to watch:
'We had no moans or groans despite a tricky situation last week, our public was fantastic as were the Wolverhampton supporters that came up to me.
'A lot of people said they didn't even want their part refund, that they had enjoyed some great racing and that they realised the situation was beyond our control.
- 1 Extent of Norwich Prison Covid outbreak revealed
- 2 Tributes to 'Winkle' - the legendary landlord who broke the mould
- 3 Village care home confirms coronavirus outbreak
- 4 'Sounded like my roof was coming off': RAF jet sonic boom heard over city
- 5 Town clerk sacked following months of controversy
- 6 Mansion for sale for £2.5million with helicopter pad
- 7 New drive-thru McDonald's to create 65 jobs
- 8 Flood alerts across Norfolk ahead of expected rain
- 9 Police concerned for welfare of missing 14-year-old girl
- 10 'My heart was racing' - Horse rider's shocking encounter with speeding van
'I know some people would not have been happy and I understand why, it was not a good situation for our club or for speedway in general.
'We did all we could on the night and I would also like to thank Ryan Kinsley for stepping in at short notice, and his family for making sure his equipment got here against the clock.
'Our focus now is on putting some points on the board during this busy spell and we feel confident going up against anyone with a close-to full team.
'With the way our luck has been lately and so many meetings this week, we want to get some points on the board sooner rather than later but just as importantly, we want to produce a performance that gives something back to our supporters.'
The Rockets report they have a full side available.
Rye House: Chris Harris, Ben Barker, Ricky Wells, Krzysztof Kasprzak, Scott Nicholls, Stuart Robson, Ben Morley.
King's Lynn Stars: Robert Lambert, Thomas Jorgensen, Michael Palm Toft, Kai Huckenbeck, Tomas H Jonasson, Josh Auty, Simon Lambert.