King’s Lynn Stars chief keen to host Zielona Gora again after over 3,000 attend friendly clash
Rob Lyon admits he would love the International Pre-Season Cup to become an annual fixture after a great evening's racing in King's Lynn.
Polish club Zielona Gora may have beaten the King's Lynn 'Select' Stars 50-42 last night but it was the perfect friendly clash ahead of the Elite League's impending kick-off. And after watching his troops do battle in front of about 3,000 supporters against one of the sport's biggest outfits, Lynn's team boss hopes they can do the same in 2015.
Lyon said: 'It would be great to do it again. It was terrific and some of the races were breathtaking at this stage of the season.
'Our boys were caught out a little bit with their starts and I think it showed, and that was the main difference I felt. But our boys gave it 100pc and they'll be ready for Lakeside (at home) on April 9. I was happy with what I saw and there's more to come I'm sure. The atmosphere was fantastic and hopefully what was generated last night will carry itself forward for the start of the season.'
Gora, missing big-hitter Andreas Jonsson, had just too much class for the Norfolk Arena outfit leaving Lynn's former Great Britain boss to admit his country is still lagging behind Poland in speedway's hierarchy.
You may also want to watch:
Lyon added: 'Without a doubt Poland's ahead of Britain, it has been for a number of years. Last night just showed the quality and depth the Poles have.'
See more of photographer Ian Burt's photos from last night's meeting in the gallery at the top-right of this page or by clicking this link.
- 1 Part of seventh skeleton discovered in city street
- 2 Nurse's 'heartbreak' over hospital care as her father dies on Covid ward
- 3 Aviva to close two large office sites in Norwich
- 4 Fifteen flood alerts in place amid 'stay indoors' warning
- 5 Councillor 'incandescent' over second-home owners breaking Covid rules
- 6 A47 closed in both directions after crash
- 7 Deputy lieutenant of Norfolk sells beloved thatched Broads home
- 8 Woman in her 20s among 31 Covid patients to die in five days at hospital
- 9 'I've lost my pension': Car collection destroyed by 'professional' vandal
- 10 Timeline: When should you receive the coronavirus vaccine?