King’s Lynn Stars chief Dale Allitt taken ill during defeat to Poole Pirates
- Credit: Ian Burt
King's Lynn Stars chief Dale Allitt was taken ill in the pits during King's Lynn Stars 52-40 defeat to Poole Pirates last night.
Allitt collapsed during the meeting and an ambulance was called before he was taken to the Queen Elizabeth Hospital. Allitt was checked over and was said to be showing 'positive' signs last night. It is thought his condition may have been brought on by stress.
A further update on his condition will be issued by the club today. The meeting continued whilst Allitt was taken to hospital as the Stars slipped to defeat on their home track. The loss means the Stars remain in sixth place in the Elite League.
KING'S LYNN 40: Robert Lambert 10, Kai Huckenbeck 9, Troy Batchelor 5, Thomas Jorgensen 5, Chris Holder 4, Lewis Rose 4, S Lambert 2.
POOLE 52: Paul Starke 12+3, Hans Andersen 11+1, Jack Holder 9+1, Richie Worrall 9+1, Krzysztof Kasprzak 6, James Shanes 5+2, Nicolai Klindt R/R.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 2 Atlantis Tower up for sale after owner signs ‘outrageous’ loan deal
- 3 Covid rates continue to fall across Norfolk, especially in Norwich
- 4 Fired twice in two months: Events boss feels the pain of Covid
- 5 Norfolk bowls star tests positive at world indoor championships
- 6 Revealed: The areas where Covid cases are still increasing
- 7 Man's neck broken after being hit by 800kg load which fell off forklift
- 8 9 of Norfolk's most famous blue plaques
- 9 Man admits defrauding more than £1.3m from Norfolk firm
- 10 Centre takes action after IT failure causes long queues for Covid jab