King’s Lynn Stars chief Dale Allitt taken ill during defeat to Poole Pirates
- Credit: Ian Burt
King's Lynn Stars chief Dale Allitt was taken ill in the pits during King's Lynn Stars 52-40 defeat to Poole Pirates last night.
Allitt collapsed during the meeting and an ambulance was called before he was taken to the Queen Elizabeth Hospital. Allitt was checked over and was said to be showing 'positive' signs last night. It is thought his condition may have been brought on by stress.
A further update on his condition will be issued by the club today. The meeting continued whilst Allitt was taken to hospital as the Stars slipped to defeat on their home track. The loss means the Stars remain in sixth place in the Elite League.
KING'S LYNN 40: Robert Lambert 10, Kai Huckenbeck 9, Troy Batchelor 5, Thomas Jorgensen 5, Chris Holder 4, Lewis Rose 4, S Lambert 2.
POOLE 52: Paul Starke 12+3, Hans Andersen 11+1, Jack Holder 9+1, Richie Worrall 9+1, Krzysztof Kasprzak 6, James Shanes 5+2, Nicolai Klindt R/R.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 'Never seen anything like it' - Norfolk Christmas shopping frenzy has begun
- 2 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 3 Chantry Place 'close to finalising deals' with four major brands
- 4 How Norfolk are you? Take this quiz to find out
- 5 Norfolk RSPCA store appears on Rip Off Britain
- 6 Police probing reports Norwich clubbers have been spiked by needles
- 7 'Landmark' former Tuttles store could be set for new lease of life
- 8 'Embarrassing' - City fans ask questions of Farke after Chelsea thrashing
- 9 Air ambulance and coastguard attend incident on Sheringham beachfront
- 10 Brown Derbies and Bender sausages, when Wimpy ruled fast food