Robin Brundle joins King’s Lynn Stars as co-promoter
- Credit: Ian Burt
Robin Brundle has joined Keith Chapman as a co-promoter at the King's Lynn Stars.
It is hoped Brundle, younger brother of Formula One commentator, Martin, will be working closely with Chapman and fellow co-promoter Dale Allitt to reposition the club as one of the foremost competitors in the UK Premiership league.
Two challenging seasons have demanded a fresh approach and Brundle wants to bring some new ideas to the club
Chapman said: 'I am delighted to welcome Robin to our speedway club, especially at a time of immense opportunity.
'Robin brings a different way of thinking and working and this has already energised our 2018 programme, but his approach also has the potential to add even greater value as we develop into some exciting new areas.
You may also want to watch:
'Robin's experience and our existing speedway skills and abilities provide a perfect combination for driving the King's Lynn Stars to the next level.'
Brundle, former head of the Norfolk-based automotive retailer, Brundle Group, added: 'I have previously watched speedway from afar and have admired both the level of success that the King's Lynn Stars have achieved over a number of years and the way in which the Chapman family and their staff have worked tirelessly for the good of the sport.
- 1 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 2 Roadside restaurant aiming to re-open before Christmas
- 3 Met Office issues warning for thunderstorms in Norfolk
- 4 Five former MoD homes go up for sale near Norwich
- 5 Seal charity to take 'unprecendented' action to protect Norfolk seal colony
- 6 Two people arrested during police operation in south Norfolk
- 7 Furious Scout group demands apology from council in unpaid rents saga
- 8 Norwich man convicted of murder boasts of mutilating 'up to 30' cats
- 9 MP and parents concerned over traffic and parking chaos outside school
- 10 'A lovely talented man': Tributes to Cromer Pier Show headliner Phil Butler
'I now intend to make my own contribution both to the team and to the sport in general, by working closely with all our stakeholders including the fans, business partners, media partners, the governing bodies, supporters club, riders and our committed staff.
'I am delighted to be returning to my native Norfolk and would like to thank the local community for their unfailing support. The intention is to repay their loyalty by returning the team to winning ways.'
Allitt added: 'Robin and I are already working well together and we are looking forward to sharing our new rider initiatives as we progress through the first quarter of 2018.
'The rider selection has been based on much wider criteria for 2018.'
King's Lynn Stars expect to release two of their 2018 riders on Friday, January 12.