King’s Lynn Stars announce first signing for new season
- Credit: Ian Burt
Danish ace Nicklas Porsing is King's Lynn Stars' first signing ahead of the 2017 campaign.
The 23-year-old has appeared for the Stars in each of the last four seasons and will make a full-time return next year.
Porsing scored 15 points in two appearances for the club in 2016 – and despite seeing his late season comeback affected by injury he has done enough to earn a spot in their starting line-up for 2017.
Arriving on a 6.99 average, Porsing is delighted to be back in Norfolk and has his eyes set firmly on helping the Stars launch a bid for the SGB Premiership title.
'I'm really pleased to have signed with King's Lynn,' Porsing said. 'I wanted to be there from the start of last season, but it didn't really work out with my commitments abroad.
You may also want to watch:
'When I signed for Rospiggarna in the top league in Sweden for next year, it made coming back a perfect fit so I'm looking forward to it.
'When you ride for a team you really like, you not only want to do your best for yourself but for the club as well.
- 1 Escape to the Country names 'north Norfolk's seaside capital'
- 2 Pretty thatched cafe business on Broads for sale for £75,000
- 3 Anger as woodland used as 'playground and dustbin'
- 4 Giant Victorian underground reservoir marks supplying city for 150 years
- 5 The areas where Covid rates have fallen the fastest since lockdown began
- 6 Report into woman's murder by jealous ex: 'Employers must do more'
- 7 Homes plan to be revealed for former infant school
- 8 First look at five new homes released for sale at popular site in Taverham
- 9 Former village pub for sale as home
- 10 Norwich City star tipped to reject move to Tottenham
'King's Lynn don't belong towards the bottom of the league, they belong in the play-offs and I hope we can get back there this year.
'My goal is just to score as many points as possible to help the team be successful and be up towards the top of the table.'