King’s Lynn Stars add Workington hot-shot Howarth to their squad
King's Lynn Stars have added British youngster Kyle Howarth to their squad as they look to get their Elite League campaign back on track.
The teenager, who will be available for selection from Friday, will share a doubling up position with Dakota North at number seven, while Michael Palm Toft will move to the club's number eight position.
Howarth, 18, has been in great form so far this season for Workington, scoring double figures in three of their four meetings.
His addition provides another option for a Lynn outfit who have slipped to defeat in three of their last four meetings after a promising opening-night win against Eastbourne.
Stars team boss Rob Lyon said: 'I've known Kyle for a few years and have been really pleased to see the progress he has made.
You may also want to watch:
'He's had some big scores in the Premier League with Workington this season and when called upon I am sure he will do a good job for the Stars.'
Lynn are looking to bounce back from their Good Friday derby double-header misery against rivals Peterborough Panthers, who beat the Stars in both meetings on the day.
- 1 Trains cancelled due to flooding - and more heavy rain expected
- 2 More storms ahead as flood warnings remain in place
- 3 Family demands answers after 91-year-old dies weighing four stone
- 4 Man taken to hospital after cardiac arrest at beach
- 5 Church with 'features to get excited about' for sale for £80,000
- 6 Joy and relief as Latitude passes off successfully
- 7 Never mind the limo - aspiring farmer rides tractor to prom night
- 8 Risk of flooding in parts of region as storms slowly move in
- 9 Cannabis stash worth about £2000 found hidden in home
- 10 Body found at Mousehold Heath there for 'considerable amount of time'
Lyon's charges travel to Swindon Robins on Thursday and Coventry Bees on Friday.