King’s Lynn Stars 40 Belle Vue Aces 50 – Frustrating night as Aces inflict first home defeat of the campaign on Stars
- Credit: Ian Burt
King's Lynn slipped to their second straight defeat as they went down 50-40 against Belle Vue at the Adrian Flux Arena.
The Trucks R Us Stars experienced a night to forget as Craig Cook's 15-point maximum powered the impressive Aces to victory.
The home side fell behind after five races and with just five heat winners they were never able to retake the lead.
Team boss Dale Allitt admitted it was a frustrating evening during which his side were simply beaten by a better team.
'At the end of the day we weren't good enough tonight,' Allitt conceded. 'Belle Vue were just the better team on the night, so we can't have any complaints.
You may also want to watch:
'There are things we need to improve on and ways we need to get better, and we'll be working hard to do that.
'Everyone is hurting as you'd expect after a home defeat, but we just have to regroup and pick ourselves back up for the next meeting.'
- 1 'Too close to home': Neighbours' shock as body found at Mousehold Heath
- 2 Which? warning to avoid sun cream brand for children
- 3 Chicken restaurant closes 'due to unforeseen circumstances'
- 4 Poultry company owner says food industry is at 'crisis point'
- 5 Lifeboat crew rescues three girls out to sea on lilos
- 6 Noise investigation launched after works leave houses 'tremoring'
- 7 What are the top 10 new shops opening in Norwich?
- 8 New beauty salon and massage rooms open at country club
- 9 'Like an invasion' - locals speak out over five-day festival
- 10 'Cold and desolate' - Anne Robinson's Countdown jibe at Norfolk
Aussie ace Troy Batchelor continued his strong start to the season to top score for the hosts, whilst Robert Lambert also battled hard to offer solid resistance.
Kai Huckenbeck and Nicklas Porsing both won their opening rides but faded as the meeting progressed, whilst number one Chris Holder struggled to make an impact with the exception of a heat 10 win.
There were useful contributions from Lewis Rose and Josh Bailey, but the high-flying Aces ultimately had too much firepower and emerged with all four points.
The Stars will be back in action when they travel to Somerset next Friday, April 28 (7.30) before Leicester in their next home outing on Wednesday, May 10 (7.30).
KING'S LYNN 40: Troy Batchelor 10+1, Robert Lambert 8, Nicklas Porsing 6+1, Kai Huckenbeck 5+1, Chris Holder 5, Lewis Rose 4+1, Josh Bailey 2+1.
BELLE VUE 50: Craig Cook 15, Steve Worrall 10+1, Max Fricke 9+1, Justin Sedgmen 6+1, Kenneth Bjerre 6, Dan Bewley 3, Jack Smith 1.