King’s Lynn stalwart Topinka joins Workington
King's Lynn captain Tomas Topinka has agreed a season long loan move to Premier League Workington.
The 36-year-old Czech racer was due to lead the Stars' second tier challenge once again next season prior to the club's decision to move into the Elite League.
Stars' co-promoter Jonathan Chapman stated last week the club would hold talks with their legendary rider on his return from holiday but the Comets have confirmed Topinka's signing Tuesday lunchtime.
Former team mate Kevin Doolan has also been unveiled as Ipswich's new number one ahead of the Witches' Premier League bow. Doolan will be joined at Foxhall by ex-Lynn riders Chris Mills and Chris Schramm along with Lasse Bjerre who could yet double up at Saddlebow with older brother Kenneth.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 'Too close to home': Neighbours' shock as body found at Mousehold Heath
- 2 Which? warning to avoid sun cream brand for children
- 3 Poultry company owner says food industry is at 'crisis point'
- 4 Chicken restaurant closes 'due to unforeseen circumstances'
- 5 Lifeboat crew rescues three girls out to sea on lilos
- 6 Noise investigation launched after works leave houses 'tremoring'
- 7 What are the top 10 new shops opening in Norwich?
- 8 New beauty salon and massage rooms open at country club
- 9 'Like an invasion' - locals speak out over five-day festival
- 10 'Cold and desolate' - Anne Robinson's Countdown jibe at Norfolk