King’s Lynn 58 Rye House 32: Stars hit back with a big home win
- Credit: Archant
Rampant Robert Lambert continued his stunning form to inspire King's Lynn to a thumping 58-32 win over Rye House.
And in doing so he helped boost the Tru Plant Stars' chances of making the top four in a classic 'must win' battle.
As England's football stars left it late for success in Russia, screened around the Adrian Flux Arena, King's Lynn did everything right from early on.
Newly crowned British champion Lambert was given a great reception from the loyal fans who turned out in force despite the other big attraction.
Dale Allitt's men opened up with two handy 4-2 race wins and then stamped their authority with 5-1 maximums in heats five and six.
You may also want to watch:
Rye House showed promise early on but Thomas Jorgensen and Michael Palm Toft combined for a maximum in a rerun of heat 5 after former world No.2 Krzyzstof Kasprzak was warned for delaying the start.
And when club legend Niels-Kristian Iversen made a great start to be joined by Lewis Kerr for another 5-1 in the next Stars had taken a grip on proceedings at 24-12.
- 1 Man dies after medical emergency on beach
- 2 Man arrested on suspicion of drink and drug driving after fatal crash
- 3 'Glagoon' returns to Norfolk beach and locals are loving it
- 4 Gilmour advised to quit City for Rangers loan return
- 5 Appeal to identify man, around 75, who died in medical episode
- 6 Jets heard roaring over Norwich for training exercise
- 7 Family pays tribute to man killed after collision with double-decker bus
- 8 ATM containing thousands of pounds stolen from petrol station
- 9 Father and son admit handling stolen power tools
- 10 Norwich mum and daughter duo shed 12st
Palm Toft was involved in some dramatic action in heat 8 when he managed to pass Aaron Summers after the Rockets man was in second spot and the home side were 32-16 up.
Lambert team rode his partner home for a maximum in heat 11 to put the result beyond doubt.
And in the big heat 13 he did it again with Iversen who just edged out British icon Scott Nicholls for a 5-1 to give Stars a 50-28 advantage with two heats to go.
Skipper Lambert completed his unbeaten haul in the last race ahead of Chris Harris and Stuart Robson to send the Stars fans home happy after a run of three straight defeat before last night.
King's Lynn: Michael Palm Toft 15+3, Robert Lambert 14+1, Thomas Jorgensen 11, Lewis Kerr 10+1, Niels-Kristian Iversen 7+2, Kasper Andersen 1, Taylor Hampshire 0.
Rye House: Chris Harris 10+1, Scott Nicholls 7+1, Nikolaj B Jakobsen 6+1, Stuart Robson 5+2, Aaron Summers 2, Krzysztof Kasprzak 2, Max Clegg 0.