King’s Lynn’s Richie Worrall misses out on home Speedway World Cup slot for Great Britain
- Credit: Matthew Usher
King's Lynn's Richie Worrall has not been named in Great Britain's Speedway World Cup squad.
Hopes were high that the 21-year-old would be given a place for his country's meeting against Denmark, Sweden and the USA at the Norfolk Arena on July 15.
But boss Neil Middleditch opted to choose Tai Woffinden, Chris Harris, Eddie Kennett and Craig Cook instead of the in-form Stars' ace.
Worrall, named in the 10-man squad, could yet get a chance to make his international debut if GB qualify for either the race-off or directly progress to the final.
Middleditch said: 'I've gone for experience with Edward Kennett rather than throwing in two debutants. I know he can do a job for the team in this meeting.
'It was a hard call and congratulations to Cookie, I'm delighted for the lad and I made the final decision based on statistics and when I've seen him.
'Riders like Richie Worrall, Ben Barker and Danny King can count themselves very unlucky, but there is an opportunity for me to change things if necessary should we progress to the latter stages in Prague.
- 1 Overnight works on stretch of A47 prompt 50-mile diversion for two weeks
- 2 Norfolk beach named among UK's most contaminated
- 3 'Do not eat' - Lidl recalls product over bacteria fears
- 4 New reservoir could secure region's water supply - but will cost over £1bn
- 5 Friend pays tribute to 'kind-hearted' 20-year-old who died in bike crash
- 6 Revealed: Buyer of Norwich Airport Industrial Estate - and what they paid
- 7 Where you will be able to see the Red Arrows over Norfolk this weekend
- 8 Part of Norfolk Coast Path to close for seven weeks
- 9 'Genuine shock' after biker killed in town centre hit-and-run
- 10 'Foodie Fortnight' to celebrate opening of new food hall in Norwich
'It's going to be a tough meeting but I have every faith in my boys to do their country proud and I'm sure we will enjoy fabulous support as we always do in this event.'