King’s Lynn’s Holder to race in Darcy Ward Invitational meeting at Poole
- Credit: Ian Burt
King's Lynn Stars' former world champion Chris Holder makes a swift return to his former home track on Friday night.
Holder will ride in the Darcy Ward Invitational at Poole, the club he left in the winter to make the switch to Lynn.
Ward, a former Stars rider, is now retired after serious injury and money raised in the high-profile meeting at Wimborne Road will go to the foundation set up in his name.
And Holder – who won the world title in 2012 and has been testing in Poland this week – is delighted to be riding for his close friend.
He said: 'We pretty much travelled our whole careers together, we were at the same clubs going the same way most of the time. We had a blast, travelling around together doing what we loved and we have a lot of awesome memories together on and off the track.'
You may also want to watch:
Lynn stage the Simon Lambert Testimonial this Sunday (2pm).
- 1 Couple sell pub with Nelson link after council stops project
- 2 Shop worker receives complaints for asking customers to wear face masks
- 3 Derelict pub on eyesore site could be turned into new Co-op store
- 4 Town clerk sacked following months of controversy
- 5 Dog dies and another missing after getting lost in snow
- 6 New drive-thru McDonald's to create 65 jobs
- 7 'We don't want to close': Farm shop makes plea for support during lockdown
- 8 Norwich sonic boom: RAF confirms jet 'inadvertently' caused bang over city
- 9 'Hot-headed' woman drove car over police officer's foot
- 10 Flood alerts across Norfolk ahead of expected rain