King’s Lynn’s Holder to race in Darcy Ward Invitational meeting at Poole
- Credit: Ian Burt
King's Lynn Stars' former world champion Chris Holder makes a swift return to his former home track on Friday night.
Holder will ride in the Darcy Ward Invitational at Poole, the club he left in the winter to make the switch to Lynn.
Ward, a former Stars rider, is now retired after serious injury and money raised in the high-profile meeting at Wimborne Road will go to the foundation set up in his name.
And Holder – who won the world title in 2012 and has been testing in Poland this week – is delighted to be riding for his close friend.
He said: 'We pretty much travelled our whole careers together, we were at the same clubs going the same way most of the time. We had a blast, travelling around together doing what we loved and we have a lot of awesome memories together on and off the track.'
Lynn stage the Simon Lambert Testimonial this Sunday (2pm).
- 1 Cold snap could see Norfolk grit lorries out for first time this winter
- 2 Tesco to open 24 hours as supermarkets announce Christmas opening hours
- 3 A47 closed near Necton after several crashes
- 4 Lorry driver fined after concrete blocks fell on £50,000 Tesla car
- 5 Couple shocked after finding 'skulled spider' in bathroom
- 6 Motorbike and car crash on A134 near Norfolk village
- 7 Man guilty of causing ex 'severe psychological harm' avoids jail
- 8 Strong support in community for new Lidl store plan
- 9 First look inside north Norfolk's new £12.7m leisure centre
- 10 Owner's surprise as puppy potentially born both female and male