King’s Lynn’s CWA Fury to face a team of their own legends in special pre-season basketball match
King's Lynn's National League basketball team CWA Fury will warm up for their forthcoming campaign by playing a special friendly against a team of club legends.
The game will see former greats, including several faces from the side who reached the 2005 Patrons Cup Final, take to the court. Among those expected to feature are Jon Stonebridge, Alex Maragoudakis and Matt Ellis.
Chairman James Bamfield, said: 'We're so excited at the opportunity to welcome back so many team-mates with whom we created some amazing memories.
'This club has a rich heritage and has enjoyed some tremendous success over the years. As we've worked very hard to bring Fury back to this level we wanted to celebrate that heritage and also pass the torch to an exciting new era for the club.'
The game will take place at Lynnsport on Saturday October 13 with a 6pm tip-off. Doors open at 5.15pm. Prices cost �8 for adults, �6 for College of West Anglia (CWA) staff and students and �4 for children.
You may also want to watch:
Elsewhere, the club have had a new crest designed by Marc Gent of YellowPixel.co.uk. The college-backed basketball outfit have also added two new coaches to their set-up.
Dave Roberts will become the senior men's assistant coach while Diccon Lloyd-Smeath will take on the role of under-16 head coach. The duo arrive at the Fury with huge reputations and excellent coaching skills.
- 1 Two men in critical condition as multiple people stabbed
- 2 Secluded Broads farmhouse in almost 11 acres goes up for sale
- 3 Fire crews rush to a crash near Norfolk village
- 4 'Like a horror film' - Friends left terrified after being followed in woods
- 5 Owner of popular bakery rushed into intensive care 120 miles from home
- 6 Plans for seven new supermarkets in Norfolk - but where will they be?
- 7 Police called after elderly, sick seal attacked with stones
- 8 Police swoop on Norwich address
- 9 Asda and Amazon urgently recall items due to safety concerns
- 10 Eight men arrested after multiple stabbing in Norwich