King’s Lynn’s CWA Fury suffer narrow defeat to Leicester Warriors on National League debut
King's Lynn's CWA Fury went down bravely 52-40 at Leicester Warriors on Sunday in their National League debut.
Fury travelled to Leicestershire to face a side - that two years ago trounced them by 40 points - in their first Division Four (Midlands) game of the campaign.
However, nerves didn't get the better of them as they took a 23-21 lead into the break, thanks in large to Edgar Lomsargis who landed two three-pointers on his way to a 14-point haul.
Rich Milbourne and Diccon Lloyd-Smeath both pulled down nine rebounds during the game but Fury did tire as the game went on only managed to convert 16 from 70 attempts, including three of 24 from the three-point range.
James Bamfield, who took on the role of head coach for the game with Dan Smith unavailable, said: 'Although I'm disappointed as I felt we had the ability to win the game game, we can take heart from the fact that in our debut National League game we were ahead for 30 minutes of the contest. 'The boy's showed a lot of team spirit and fought for each other on defence, but you're not going to win many games with 16 for 70 shooting.'
You may also want to watch:
Scorers: Lomsargis 14, Eivydas Aleksa 10, Lloyd-Smeath 7, Ashley Manning 4, Tom Allard 3, Milbourne 2, Daryl Watson, Wayne Gibbs, Zygimantas Klevinskis and Martin Bagdonas.
- Fury host Sporting Club Albion at Lynnsport on Saturday (6pm start).
- 1 £6.1m shopping street revamp will take half of 2022 to complete
- 2 Family forced to live in tent after maggots and rats found in home
- 3 Councils could spend millions to buy former Aviva office for new HQ
- 4 Five former MoD homes go up for sale near Norwich
- 5 Christmas Lights Walk with toasted marshmallows coming to garden
- 6 MP and parents concerned over traffic and parking chaos outside school
- 7 Roof collapses into home after major blaze engulfs it
- 8 Seven cosy pubs to visit in Norfolk this winter
- 9 Man arrested on suspicion of stalking after notes left on women's cars
- 10 City keeper diagnosed with testicular cancer