King’s Lynn return for Kozza
King's Lynn old boy Kozza Smith makes a swift Norfolk Arena return tomorrow for Belle Vue in the Elite League.
The popular Aussie renews acquaintances with Sam Masters after a thrilling duel in last week's Ashley Jones Memorial meeting. Smith turned the tables in the Pride of Anglia at Ipswich 24 hours later but Lynn team boss Rob Lyon backs Masters to prevail.
'One rider who I think can make the difference and I am certainly looking forward to watching is Sam Masters,' he said. 'Ater winning the Ashley Jones Memorial last week I think he will certainly be dialled into the track. 'I do not think anybody would have predicted us to be in second place and ahead of the league favourites at any point this season.
'I always said if we could sneak into the play-offs in our first season then that would be a real achievement but so far what we have done is actually mind-blowing. Not one of the riders actually fear's any other team and we all have the belief that we can beat anybody. Belle Vue will be far from a push as they proved on their last visit here, but I am sure we can overcome them.'
The Stars will be led by their number one rider, Kenneth Bjerre, who has scored an incredible 42 points from a possible 45 in his last three meetings. His fellow Dane and crowd favourite Mads Korneliussen has also declared himself fit after crashing in the Danish final on Friday.Olly Allen leads the Stars after a top ten showing in Monday's British final at Wolverhampton.
Harris heads to Saddlebow after losing his domestic crown to Scott Nicholls at Monmore Green. The GP ace helped Team GB win their Ashes series 2-0 against Australia last week. Smith scored paid 13 points on his last league vist with the Aces in March and is once again allowed to take up to a maximum of seven rides with Patrick Hougaard ruled out.
- 1 Revealed: Why wasps chase you and how to get rid of them this summer
- 2 Anger as 'rollercoaster' appears at bottom of woman's garden
- 3 Six fire crews battle large field blaze in south Norfolk
- 4 Film crews for Paramount crime series to visit ANOTHER Norfolk village
- 5 Woman stabbed in neck and arm in city park
- 6 Here's when parents can get complimentary tickets to BeWILDerwood
- 7 Come and meet the animals you could adopt at RSPCA open day
- 8 Thieves run off with alcohol worth nearly £5,000 from Tesco
- 9 New 250-space car park could be created near picturesque Norfolk harbour
- 10 Mum's warning after children almost stung by jellyfish
• Meeting Information: Gates open at 6:30pm, parade at 7:30pm, 1st race at 7:45pm
• Admission Prices: Adults �15, Concessions (Over 65 years, Disabled and Student) �12, Junior (12-15 years) �5, Children 11 years and Under Free.
Stars: 1 Kenneth Bjerre 9.49 (DEN), 2 Sam Masters 4.03 (AUS), 3 Olly Allen (C) 5.58 (GB), 4 Mads Korneliussen 6.61 (DEN), 5 Niels Iversen 7.81 (DEN), 6 Lasse Bjerre 3.48 (DEN), 7 Fillip Sitera 3.00 (CZ).
Aces: 1 Chris Harris 8.44 (GB), 2 Dawid Stachyra 4.19 (POL), 3 Charlie Gjedde 6.49 (DEN), 4 Patrick Hougaard 6.80 R/R, 5 Rory Schlein 7.64 (AUS), 6 Ricky Kling 3.73 (SWE), 7 Kozza Smith 3.93 (AUS).