King’s Lynn recruit Complin
King's Lynn have drafted in British international Lee Complin to their Elite League squad.
Stars' officials announced the signing of the 26-year-old Berwick racer early on Monday evening to bolster a squad hit by recent injuries to Morten Risager and Adam Roynon. Complin will deputise for Risager in a doubling up role alongside Lasse Bjerre with Sam Masters and club stalwart Tomas Topinka sharing the duties in the number two race jacket.
Risager is poised to be out until next month at the earliest after severing his little finger in a crash at Rye House over Easter for Premier League Ipswich. Lynn team chief Rob Lyon believes Complin will be a useful addition to a Stars' squad who have started their Elite League campaign in impressive fashion.
'Lee has always been a rider I have kept a close eye on,' said Lyon. 'I think his all action style will suit the Elite League, it is great to have him on board.
'At the start of the season I didn't feel that Sam was ready to be in the main body of the team but after a few meetings this season it was clear that he had pushed on and will be able to handle the number two position without a problem.'
Risager is due to miss up to six weeks after severing the little finger on his right-hand. Surgeons successfully re-attached the digit and Ipswich team bosss Pete Simmons confirmed the operation was a success.
'He has had a wire put into his finger and has to have it there for a month,' he said. 'It then depends on how much movement he has as to when he will be able to return. It is his throttle hand so it is not as delicate as his clutch hand, but he still needs good movement before he can return.'
- 1 Mysterious 'large black animal' spotted roaming in fields near city
- 2 46-cabin holiday park proposed for Norfolk countryside
- 3 Afternoon tea at Norwich tea room named one of best in UK
- 4 Dereham coach firm closes after more than 50 years in business
- 5 Two women in hospital with serious injuries after A47 slip road crash
- 6 Pub plans store and Post Office after village's only shop closes
- 7 Woman 'alarmed and distressed' after man made lewd comment
- 8 Three teenagers saved after inflatable gets blown out to sea
- 9 Rare sighting of Northern Lights captured above Norfolk
- 10 Dental woes worsen as town's troubled surgery closes permanently
The Stars resume their Elite League campaign following a fortnight's break at Lakeside this Saturday.
• Stars revised Elite League squad
1 Kenneth Bjerre 9.49, 2 Niels-Kristian Iversen 7.81, 3 Mads Korneliussen 6.61, 4 Olly Allen 5.58, 5 Tomas Topinka 4.58 & Sam Masters 4.03, 6 Lee Complin 4.00 & Lasse Bjerre 3.48, 7 Fillip Sitera 3.00.