King’s Lynn-raised Dom Dwyer gets another MLS shot after Sporting Kansas City recall
- Credit: Archant
Striker Dom Dwyer has been recalled by Major League Soccer side Sporting Kansas City.
The King's Lynn-raised frontman had been sent out on loan to Orlando City for the 2013 campaign. But his spell in Florida was cut short after he broke the league's (USL Pro) goalscoring record by finding the net 15 times.
Dwyer returned this week was a used substitute in KC's next match, a 3-2 MLS win over Columbus, on Saturday. Ex-Norwich City loanee Kei Kamara scored twice for the victors.
On his return to Kansas, the former Norfolk-based frontman told MLSsoccer.com: 'I want to be involved.'
'I've been playing, so I expect to come here and play. Whether it's starting or on the bench, I can't say yet, but I want to be involved and I want to be playing.'
You may also want to watch:
The 22-year-old plays for Norwich City as a teenager and made a handful of appearances for King's Lynn before moving out to America after landing a soccer scholarship.
He soon went on to make a name for himself as was picked by Kansas in the MLS Draft of 2012.
- 1 Revealed: Siblings' bodies were found after father's death
- 2 'It did not deliver': Glamping site vows to improve after guests hit out
- 3 Body believed to be missing man found near Norfolk coast
- 4 Brother and sister found dead in their home are named
- 5 No-frills Norwich pub offers top-notch food and every dish is under £8
- 6 Neighbours of murdered woman tell of terrifying scene in close
- 7 Sales rep who died at nature reserve named at inquest
- 8 Covid infection rates plummet in Norfolk
- 9 Police name murder victim, who died of 'severe head injury'
- 10 Firefighters dash to tackle blaze at coastal holiday resort