King’s Lynn midfielder White being treated for suspected viral meningitis
King's Lynn midfielder Danny White is in hospital undergoing tests for suspected viral meningitis following Town's FA Vase quarter-final win.
Linnets' joint boss Kevin Boon confirmed the former FA Vase finalist was admitted to Bury St Edmunds hospital just hours after the club's 3-1 last eight win on Saturday. White and his family expect to find out the results of further tests on Monday.
'After the game he deteriorated and he felt even worst on the way home,' said Boon. 'They took him into hospital on Saturday night for tests and he has had a lumbar puncture and they took some fluid off his spine. He has been diagnosed with viral meningitis and there could be more to come. They are just waiting on the outcome of further tests.
'They are definitely treating him for viral meningitis. At the moment he is in hospital. He isn't in a critical condition but he is seriously ill. We'll know more Monday. They kept him in overnight on Saturday and all day Sunday.'
White played the full 120 minutes of Town's extra-time win and has been an ever-present this season since his summer arrival from Wroxham.
You may also want to watch:
'He has been a rock for us all season and we wish him a speedy recovery so we can get him back with us,' said Boon. 'He won't be with us for Tuesday night's game but as strong as Danny is you never know. He is a great lad who loves his football and knowing him he'll phone us up in a few days and say he is ready to go again Saturday. The most important thing right now is his health and the club will do everything we can to support Danny and his family.'
- 1 Escape to the Country names 'north Norfolk's seaside capital'
- 2 Extent of Norwich Prison Covid outbreak revealed
- 3 Village care home confirms coronavirus outbreak
- 4 Tributes to 'Winkle' - the legendary landlord who broke the mould
- 5 Mansion for sale for £2.5million with helicopter pad
- 6 'Sounded like my roof was coming off': RAF jet sonic boom heard over city
- 7 First look at five new homes released for sale at popular site in Taverham
- 8 Pretty thatched cafe business on Broads for sale for £75,000
- 9 Anger as woodland used as 'playground and dustbin'
- 10 Former village pub for sale as home