King’s Lynn land Rye United at home in FA Vase quarter-finals
King's Lynn will host Rye United in the FA Vase quarter-finals on Saturday, March 5.
Town must overcome the Sussex-based side for a place in the last four after beating UCL Premier Division title rivals St Neots 2-1 on Saturday in front of more than 1,600 fans at The Walks.
Rye are currently sixth in the Sussex County League Division One after being promoted from Division Two as champions last year. The Quarterboys beat Leverstock Green 2-1 away to clinch their quarter-final place at the weekend.
Town return to cup action again tomorrow night when they bid to reach Carrow Road in the final of the Norfolk Senior Cup. Lynn must first attempt to overcome Ridgeons Division One side Thetford at The Walks. Lynn are also in League Cup action this coming weekend when they host Irchester.
You may also want to watch:
Full FA Vase quarter-final draw
Dunston v Whitley Bay, Poole v Torpoint, Coalville v Leiston, King's Lynn v Rye.
- 1 Norfolk wakes up to snow with more expected to fall
- 2 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 3 Drivers face non-essential travel fines after spate of snow crashes
- 4 Covid case rates continue to fall across Norfolk and Waveney
- 5 Voyeur watched people after setting up secret cameras in bathroom
- 6 Are you in our Norfolk school photos from the 1970s?
- 7 Government must step in to help 'desperate' Norwich hospital, says MP
- 8 Woman in 60s suffers serious injuries after car crashes into ditch
- 9 Photo gallery: Snow turns region into winter wonderland
- 10 Several burst mains in town leave homes without water
Ties to be played Saturday, March 5. The winners of the quarter-final ties earn �1,500 in prize money.