King’s Lynn land Rye United at home in FA Vase quarter-finals
King's Lynn will host Rye United in the FA Vase quarter-finals on Saturday, March 5.
Town must overcome the Sussex-based side for a place in the last four after beating UCL Premier Division title rivals St Neots 2-1 on Saturday in front of more than 1,600 fans at The Walks.
Rye are currently sixth in the Sussex County League Division One after being promoted from Division Two as champions last year. The Quarterboys beat Leverstock Green 2-1 away to clinch their quarter-final place at the weekend.
Town return to cup action again tomorrow night when they bid to reach Carrow Road in the final of the Norfolk Senior Cup. Lynn must first attempt to overcome Ridgeons Division One side Thetford at The Walks. Lynn are also in League Cup action this coming weekend when they host Irchester.
You may also want to watch:
Full FA Vase quarter-final draw
Dunston v Whitley Bay, Poole v Torpoint, Coalville v Leiston, King's Lynn v Rye.
- 1 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 2 Met Office issues warning for thunderstorms in Norfolk
- 3 Roadside restaurant aiming to re-open before Christmas
- 4 Two people arrested during police operation in south Norfolk
- 5 Five former MoD homes go up for sale near Norwich
- 6 Seal charity to take 'unprecendented' action to protect Norfolk seal colony
- 7 'A lovely talented man': Tributes to Cromer Pier Show headliner Phil Butler
- 8 Norwich man convicted of murder boasts of mutilating 'up to 30' cats
- 9 Two men arrested on suspicion of money laundering in Thetford
- 10 Furious Scout group demands apology from council in unpaid rents saga
Ties to be played Saturday, March 5. The winners of the quarter-final ties earn �1,500 in prize money.