King’s Lynn gear up for big night
King's Lynn officials are gearing up for the biggest night of the year in this evening's Elite League play-off semi-final first leg against Poole.
The Stars have qualified for the top four in their debut season back in the top flight but face a stiff challenge over two legs against the Pirates who topped the regular standings.
Poole can track former Lynn ace Darcy Ward who won the Premier League treble with the club in 2009 before going on to retain his World U21 crown and this season finish on the podium in his GP debut.
Ward is looking forward to his Saddlebow return after success in the Best Pairs earlier this year alongside team mate and compatriot Chris Holder.
'I enjoyed my time at Lynn but I've moved to Poole and I'm really loving it,' he said. 'It should be a good meeting and the track is always prepared really well.'
You may also want to watch:
Gates opened at 5:30pm with an earlier start than normal for the televised meeting scheduled for 7:30pm. The club have erected a large screen which will broadcast the other semi-final between Lakeside and Eastbourne which is being beamed around the world simultaneously on Skysports.
- 1 Escape to the Country names 'north Norfolk's seaside capital'
- 2 Pretty thatched cafe business on Broads for sale for £75,000
- 3 Anger as woodland used as 'playground and dustbin'
- 4 Giant Victorian underground reservoir marks supplying city for 150 years
- 5 Report into woman's murder by jealous ex: 'Employers must do more'
- 6 Homes plan to be revealed for former infant school
- 7 The areas where Covid rates have fallen the fastest since lockdown began
- 8 First look at five new homes released for sale at popular site in Taverham
- 9 Former village pub for sale as home
- 10 Norwich City star tipped to reject move to Tottenham
• A full meeting report, including pictures and reaction, will be available on edp24.co.uk after the meeting this evening.