King’s Lynn fail with ‘four figure’ transfer deal
King's Lynn Town have failed with a four figure bid for midfielder Robert Hughes from UCL title rivals St Neots.
Linnets' joint boss Kevin Boon revealed to the EDP on Thursday afternoon the clubs had agreed a fee for the out-of-favour Hughes but the deal has now collapsed. Lynn instead are expected to complete a move for ex-Boston United midfielder Adam Millson on non contract terms. Club officials are due to complete the paperwork this weekend but Millson will not feature in Town's FA Vase tie against Gorleston.
Boon believes Town's efforts to bolster their squad are a clear signal of intent they want to push big-spending St Neots all the way in the title race.
'Buster (Chapman) and Jonathan have said all along if we identify players they will back our judgement,' said Boon. 'We have a budget we work to but should players become available - even if there is a fee involved - we can go to them and they will listen.
'Yes, we had agreed a four figure fee after working on this deal for the past three weeks. We went over with our secretary to complete the formalities of the paperwork and their chairman has now pulled the plug. The player himself is gutted.'
You may also want to watch:
Boon also confirmed Pat Bexfield has declared himself fit for this weekend's FA Vase tie after undergoing hospital tests after fainting at home on Monday. Young defender Ryan Fryatt has also been drafted into the squad.
- 1 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 2 Man seriously injured after crash
- 3 'Isolate from your household' plea as Covid soars in Norwich
- 4 'They don't care': Retired couple slam council over 'dangerous' tree
- 5 Norfolk yet to reach peak in latest wave of coronavirus deaths
- 6 Serial 'dine and dash' conman who fled hotels without paying is jailed
- 7 Man admits causing death of popular sportsman by dangerous driving
- 8 Covid rips through care homes again with deaths almost doubling in a week
- 9 Six people arrested after man in 50s was stabbed in Norwich
- 10 Revealed: The areas where Covid cases are still increasing
For the full story read Friday's EDP.