Linnets looking for Trophy win as youngsters lose in FA Youth Cup
- Credit: Archant
King's Lynn Town will be looking to avoid another nerve-wracking finish when they try, for the second time, to advance in the FA Trophy on Wednesday evening.
The Linnets needed a stoppage-time equaliser from Jack Frohawk at Buxton on Saturday to earn a 3-3 draw and force a replay in their first round qualifying tie. Kick-off at The Walks is 7.45pm.
Victory will add £3,250 to the winners' coffers and a trip to Stalybridge Celtic in the next round.
The Linnets' stars of the future were in action on Tuesday night when the Under-18s travelled to face Northampton Town's Academy team, who have an unbeaten record stretching back to March, in the first round proper of the FA Youth Cup.
The youngsters gave a good account of themselves in front of a crowd of 521 at Sixfields, and kept the Cobblers out until just before half-time, but ended up losing the game 4-0.
You may also want to watch:
The hosts dominated the first half before going ahead on 40 minutes when Jack Daldy produced a cool finish in the area to beat Aydin Duran.
Luke Johnson had a good chance to equalise early in the second period, but his volley went just over, and Northampton wrapped up the tie with two goals in quick succession just past the midway point of the half.
- 1 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 2 WATCH: Cars float on high tide in north Norfolk
- 3 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 4 Teacher who supported hundreds of children through education dies aged 67
- 5 "I thought I had freshers flu, but Drs said I could have died within a week"
- 6 Norfolk Broads boating holiday company named best in Britain
- 7 'People are dying': Up to 500 patients waited for ambulance in one night
- 8 Queen spends the night in hospital, Palace confirms
- 9 Farm shop owners 'absolutely thrilled' at national award
- 10 'Neighbours ran outside screaming' during street fight in Golden Triangle
Morgan Roberts made it 2-0 with a low drive from the edge of the box and Daldy quickly added his second after an effort from substitute Michael Harding had been pushed into his path.
Scott Pollock completed the scoring late on when his free-kick took a deflection off the wall and wrong-footed Duran.