King's Lynn 2, Sudbury 1

King's Lynn 2, Sudbury 1: Matt Nolan's last gasp stoppage time winner knocked out brave Sudbury in their FA Trophy first qualifying round replay at The Walks.

King's Lynn 2, Sudbury 1

Matt Nolan's last gasp stoppage time winner knocked out brave Sudbury in their FA Trophy first qualifying round replay at The Walks.

Lynn's second half arrival wriggled free to despatch Ben Chapman's hanging cross to earn Keith Webb's men a home tie against Billericay on November 3.

Master poacher Danny Bloomfield had fired the Linnets in front before David Head drew the Ryman Division One North underdogs level midway through the opening period.

Nolan's late, late show punctured the visitors' stubborn resistance with the contest seconds from extra time.

Webb shuffled his pack after a lacklustre display in the original tie. Chapman started at full back for youngster Greg Lake. The free running Michael Frew replaced Charlie Defty in midfield with Bloomfield preferred to Nolan in attack.

Most Read

Mark Heath-Preston earned a call up to the substitutes' bench with injured skipper Mark Warren absent.

Bloomfield pounced within five minutes after John Turner's strike cannoned off Nathan Munson to nudge Lynn ahead.

Frew checked inside Shane Wardley but drilled at Munson before Sheridan Driver hacked Andrew Fisk's defence-splitting pass away.

Head pegged Lynn back on 24 minutes when James Rowe out muscled Dean West before his skipper crashed an unstoppable close range header past Scott Howie.

Driver's last ditch interception robbed Turner with the big targetman poised to unload 12 yards out as Lynn looked for an instant reply.

Francis's towering far post header clipped Munson's crossbar just past the half hour mark.

Chris Bacon's bicycle kick flew wide on the restart before Greg Crane headed straight at Munson. Joe Francis was inches away with a dipping long range free kick expertly flighted over Sudbury's four man wall.

Nolan's attempted back heel was hacked clear following Frew's forceful burst before the recalled frontman dragged off target.

Crane's diving header cleared the danger after Rowe teased Chapman down the right.

Frew scooped over on 80 minutes from Heath-Preston's precise first time layoff. Sudbury's Paul Smith bundled home seconds later but Head had already been penalised after easing Howie out during the build up.

Heath's dipping free kick flew over as the visitors probed for a decisive blow in normal time. Howie dropped smartly on Bacon's angled prod after the ex-Linnet hassled Fleming then Nolan mugged Smith but scuffed behind.

Frew's close range header hit Head after Heath-Preston harried Munson to tee up Francis for a pinpoint centre.

Howie foiled Head with a smart reaction stop after Sudbury were awarded a stoppage time free kick eight yards out when the Lynn keeper was adjudged to have clutched an attempted back pass.

Nolan's delivered a final dramatic twist three minutes into added on time when he glanced home Chapman's inswinger with Munson exposed.

t King's Lynn: Howie, West, Chapman, Fleming, Crane, Camm, Frew, Fisk (Defty 84), Turner (Nolan 63), Bloomfield (Heath-Preston 73), Francis. Subs (not used): Murray, Lake.

Booking: Fisk

Goals: Bloomfield (5), Nolan (90)

t AFC Sudbury: Munson, Driver (S Head 44), Wardley, P Smith, Girling, Stace, Heath, D Head, Bacon, Rowe, Hammond. Subs (not used): Tracey, Rayner, Batell, N Smith.

Goal: Head (24)

t Referee: S Feerick (Peterborough)

t Attendance: 571