King’s Lynn 2, Stewarts & Lloyds 1
Jamie Thurlbourne's injury-time penalty gave the Linnets three vital points and cranked up the pressure on leaders St Neots on another dramatic night of UCL football.
Kieran Doherty had given the home side a first half lead but S & L striker Michael Byrne squared matters with 25 minutes remaining, which threatened to wreck Lynn's 100pc home record in all competitions this season. However, deep into stoppage time Ross Watson's run was halted inside the area, allowing Thurlbourne to slot home the winner from the spot past a diving Richard Lavin.
The Linnets started brightly, with Thurlbourne having two long range efforts pushed away by Levin and Robbie Harris heading wide of the angle. Thurlbourne's free-kick had Levin in action again but the busy stopper was helpless moments later as Doherty drove home sweetly home from the edge of the box after Jack Defty had played him in.
Byrne passed over a great chance to equalise soon after the restart, failing to test Alex Street from close in. Stephen Spriggs should have done better than firing over Lavin's bar and Defty forced a top drawer save from the busy keeper. Byrne then silenced the home support as he outpaced the Lynn defence and fired inside Street's right hand post.
Substitute Chris Bacon missed a great opportunity as Lavin gathered at the striker's feet and when Doherty's crisp shot was deflected into the keeper's hands it looked as if it would be one of those nights.
However with time running out Watson was felled in the box and Thurlbourne cooly converted. With St Neots' drawing 1-1 at Peterborough Northern Star the Linnets are now only four points off top spot with a game in hand .
- 1 'I'm sorry' - Woman behind cancelled festival offers customers £100,000
- 2 Norfolk man's relatable videos earn him millions of views and celeb fans
- 3 Met Office to build 80ft 'golf ball' weather radar after winning appeal
- 4 Four taken to hospital after crash involving ambulance on A146
- 5 7 riverside walks to try in Norfolk with a pub pit stop
- 6 Woman who broke both legs in multiple places after fainting thanks NHS
- 7 Can you spot yourself in the Classic Ibiza crowd at Blickling?
- 8 Noise warning issued due to late night fighter jet training over airbase
- 9 Platform offering stunning views of north Norfolk coast reopens
- 10 Police officer sacked for dishonesty gets job back after appeal
• King's Lynn Town: Street, Bexfield, Alsop, Luke Thurlbourne, Buhlemann, Watson, Spriggs, Doherty, Defty, Harris, Jamie Thurlbourne. Subs: White, McNeil, Bacon, Hails.
• Referee: W Bright (Kettering)
• Att: 725