Kimi Raikkonen and Fernando Alonso react to Lotus driver’s Ferrari announcement
- Credit: AP
Kimi Raikkonen admits he cannot wait to get reacquainted with his old Ferrari colleagues following his confirmed 2014 return to Maranello.
The Finn and 2007 world champion will leave Hethel-backed Lotus at the end of this season to replace Felipe Massa and help – or should that be compete with – new team-mate Fernando Alonso.
'I am really happy to be returning to Maranello where I previously spent three fantastic and very successful years,' said Raikkonen.
'I have so many memories of my time at Ferrari, memories which have stayed with me these past years. First and foremost, winning the world championship title in 2007, which was really unforgettable.
'I can't wait to be driving a prancing horse again and to reacquaint myself with so many people with whom I had such close links – as well as working with Fernando, whom I consider a great driver – in order to bring the team the success it deserves.'
You may also want to watch:
Having been the undisputed number one at Ferrari since walking out of McLaren four years ago, Alonso is likely to find a different atmosphere come next season.
In response to Raikkonen's arrival, the Spaniard told Ferrari's website: 'I'd like to welcome my new travelling companion: together, starting next year, we will have to tackle a very demanding technical and racing challenge.'
- 1 Builder took pink pill and ran naked around hotel
- 2 Fire tears through historic Thorpe pub
- 3 Four national high street names to move into former M&S store
- 4 Mass coronavirus vaccination centre opens in Norwich today
- 5 Stunning images capture Cromer in the snow
- 6 Store open despite positive Covid test at town centre Sainsbury's
- 7 Vaccines roll-out to move on to over 70s
- 8 Delays as 23m-long caravan travels through Norfolk
- 9 Norfolk to get rapid Covid test sites - to find people without symptoms
- 10 Vandals leave £80,000 trail of destruction in car park