Kim Morrison is highest placed British woman at Ironman 70.3 Pays D’Aix France
- Credit: Submitted
Norfolk triathlete Kim Morrison has got off to an excellent start to her new season, finishing as the highest placed British female at an Ironman event in France.
The 27-year-old, from Gunthorpe in north Norfolk, was the third woman to finish the Ironman 70.3 Pays D'Aix France in the 25-30 age group.
Morrison has previously been featured for her fundraising efforts for Great Ormond Street Hospital in London, where she underwent heart surgery as a young child after being born with two holes in her heart.
The event took place in the city of Aix en Provence, near Marseille on the southern coast of France. It included a 1.2-mile swim, a 56-mile and a half marathon run.
Morrison finished her swim in 28 minutes and six seconds, followed by a 2:41.36hours cycle and 1:38.16 run to finish the gruelling course in hot weather in an overall time of 4:53.55.
You may also want to watch:
To follow Morrison's progress, go to kimmorrison.tumblr.com.
- 1 Norwich pub's shock after city council refuse outdoor seating bid
- 2 Woman left with 'serious back injuries' after pub fight
- 3 Couple sell 'amazing' converted water mill after two-year renovation
- 4 Driver flees after crashing into level crossing
- 5 Delivery driver fined for 'flagrant' seafront stunt caught on CCTV
- 6 Emergency services dealing with incident at inflatable on beach
- 7 Woman died after crash on way to visit mother's grave
- 8 Hairdressers working 12-hour days to recoup Covid losses
- 9 Day of two halves - Footballer wins £80,000 and breaks leg in 24 hours
- 10 Police investigate 'possible assault' after Dereham town centre fight