Kerr and Rose back together again at King’s Lynn Stars
- Credit: IAN BURT
'Team Lewis' have been reunited as King's Lynn Stars begin their team building for the 2016 season.
Team boss Rob Lyon announced at last night's sold out 'Night with Niels' (Kristian Iversen), in association with the Eastern Daily Press, that Lewis Kerr and Lewis Rose were selected by the club in this week's Fast Track Draft. The pair rode at number six and seven in 2014 but were split this year when Lynn were only able to protect one of the popular pair, Kerr, in the Elite League selection process.
Rose was forced to move to Swindon and endured a torrid campaign while the team-mate he left behind also ended the term on the sidelines as a result of sustaining a serious head injury while riding for Newcastle. Both are fit and raring to go for speedway's return though as they focus their attentions back to competing alongside each other at the Adrian Flux Arena.
Lyon said: 'They're local lads that have come through National League, progressed to the Premier League, and now ride in the Elite League. They both know each other well, are from motocross, and it's good to get them together again.
'It'll be a tough year for Lewis Kerr as it's not easy for anybody who has gone through the sort of injury he has. It takes a while to get going again but he's doing everything he can to be ready and he's working hard already on his fitness with his Revolution Speedway team. He's giving himself every chance he can to hit the ground running.
You may also want to watch:
'Lewis Rose is very popular at Lynn and he's excited about the prospect of coming back and trying to get back his form of two years ago as, for whatever reason, it just didn't work out for him or Swindon last year.'
Lyon hopes to name the other five riders in his line-up in the near future.
- 1 Aviva to close two large office sites in Norwich
- 2 Part of seventh skeleton discovered in city street
- 3 Norwich sees biggest rise in Covid infection rates in the country
- 4 Councillor 'incandescent' over second-home owners breaking Covid rules
- 5 Hotel 'nobody wants to buy' for sale as housing for £365,000
- 6 Delivery van towed from deep water on road closed due to flood risk
- 7 Nurse's 'heartbreak' over hospital care as her father dies on Covid ward
- 8 Man who drove 128 miles for fish and chips among latest Covid fines
- 9 Fifteen flood alerts in place amid 'stay indoors' warning
- 10 'Business as usual' as shopping mall enters administration