Kenninghall’s Thomas Randle out to make impression at Snetterton
- Credit: Archant
High speed action is promised at Snetterton this weekend from the LMP3, GT Cup and F3 Cup contenders as the title chase in each series hots up.
Kenninghall's Thomas Randle has been the regular partner to Mike Newbold in the latter LMP3 Ligier and the team will be looking for a pair of podium visits on a familiar track.
Colin Noble and Alasdair McCaig are currently leading the championship standing but the Tony Well and Matt Bell combination will be keen to eat into their advantage at the Norfolk venue and build upon winning the latest race at Silverstone.
With the GT Cup season end in sight Graham Davidson, with his exotic McLaren MP4/12C which has just be rebuilt after a monster accident, will be looking to consolidate his overall championship lead of 61 points and go on to secure the title.
Davidson's nearest rival is Ginetta G55 mounted Dominic Paul while Tom and James Webb, with their BMW M3 GTR, will be looking to defend third place from the Aston Martin Vantage pairing of Nigel Hudson and Adam Wilcox.
You may also want to watch:
Bonamy Grimes, from Brockdish, has made sporadic appearances with partner Johnny Mowlem and their Ferrari 458 and may do so again on the former's home track.
The titanic battle between Jacopo Sebastiani and Shane Kelly for the F3 Cup resumes at Snetterton with the former holding a 17-point advantage despite having not won a race this year which he would like to put right this weekend.
- 1 Escape to the Country names 'north Norfolk's seaside capital'
- 2 Pretty thatched cafe business on Broads for sale for £75,000
- 3 Anger as woodland used as 'playground and dustbin'
- 4 Giant Victorian underground reservoir marks supplying city for 150 years
- 5 The areas where Covid rates have fallen the fastest since lockdown began
- 6 Report into woman's murder by jealous ex: 'Employers must do more'
- 7 Homes plan to be revealed for former infant school
- 8 First look at five new homes released for sale at popular site in Taverham
- 9 Former village pub for sale as home
- 10 'We're all shocked' - Butchers shop attacked by vandals
Kelly started the year off with a hat-trick of victories but current form is with Wade Eastwood who has won the last five races since joining the series and would like to continue his winning run at the Norfolk track.
The SuperSeries is a collection of races for Formula Ford 1600's of all ages. This highly popular category is celebrating its 50th anniversary this year and has produced some of the best racing ever seen at the Norfolk venue in that time.
Snetterton manufactured Van Diemen was the mainstay of the category for many years and no doubt will be well represented on the grid this weekend.
MSVR All-Comers races take place on both days with the racing getting underway at 1.25pm on Saturday and resuming the following day at 10.35am.