Kenneth Bjerre sidelined for King’s Lynn Stars’ home clash with Lakeside Hammers
- Credit: IAN BURT
Rob Lyon will have to do without Kenneth Bjerre this evening when King's Lynn host their final regular Elite League fixture of 2014.
The Dane injured himself during Saturday's Speedway Grand Prix and is unavailable for the Stars' home clash against Lakeside Hammers. Team boss Lyon was last night hoping to book a replacement for the heat leader – who dislocated his shoulder as a result of the weekend crash in his home country. But despite his heroic efforts he wasn't able to find one.
Lyon said: 'Despite every conceivable effort to source a suitable guest replacement, no one was able to commit to the fixture hence we go with rider replacement.
'Our boys are relishing the prospect of extra rides to help the team to victory by more than six points.'
It is not yet known whether Bjerre will return for the play-offs but he will be desperate to feature in the weekend's GP Challenge – a chance to book his place in next year's world championship series. If he competes it seems to suggest he'll be unlikely to miss the end-of-season shoot-out.
You may also want to watch:
Scott Nicholls is already guesting in place of the injured Niels-Kristian Iversen as Lynn look to strengthen their bid to finish top of the pile. Fans are urged to get behind the team this evening, hailed as a 'KL Stars fans' day' by wearing blue and yellow and making plenty of noise.
Lynn: 1 Rider/replacement, 2 Robert Lambert, 3 Scott Nicholls (Guest), 4 Nicklas Porsing, 5 Rory Schlein, 6 Lewis Kerr, 7 Simon Lambert Lakeside: 1 Davey Watt, 2 Rohan Tungate, 3 Richard Lawson, 4 Lewis Bridger, 5 Danny King, 6 Ben Morley, 7 Adam Ellis
- 1 'Too close to home': Neighbours' shock as body found at Mousehold Heath
- 2 Which? warning to avoid sun cream brand for children
- 3 Chicken restaurant closes 'due to unforeseen circumstances'
- 4 Hospital confirms two patients have died from Covid
- 5 New beauty salon and massage rooms open at country club
- 6 'Like an invasion' - locals speak out over five-day festival
- 7 What are the top 10 new shops opening in Norwich?
- 8 Lifeboat crew rescues three girls out to sea on lilos
- 9 Poultry company owner says food industry is at 'crisis point'
- 10 'Cold and desolate' - Anne Robinson's Countdown jibe at Norfolk